Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2015, 05:13 AM   #1

All recent 2016 Pinnacle owners.

I have been reading the FBTS posts and adding items to my PDI check list but would like to hear from all other new owners. Please post what you found on your New Pinnacle during PDI or right after that needed to be fixed. Since the models are all pretty much the same but floorplans this will give myself and all others who are getting ready for delivery items to add to the PDI inspection.
thanks
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:21 AM   #2

Rock,

If you have a "good" dealer there should be little or nothing. The only issue we had was the a/c and that was about 6 weeks later. I found nothing that needed correcting after we got home.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:09 AM   #3

2016 Pinnacle PDI

Oldsmar looks like it is in Florida. If it is you might want to make sure your Pinnacle comes with three A/C units, if not, you might want to look at the recent posts about inadequate A/C cooling for the 2013, 14, 15 Pinnacle's.

Jefco
Texas
jefco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:55 AM   #4

jefco

Those were all on a different model. As far as I have seen there is no issue with FBTS
Rock
Old 10-22-2015, 08:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefco View Post
Oldsmar looks like it is in Florida. If it is you might want to make sure your Pinnacle comes with three A/C units, if not, you might want to look at the recent posts about inadequate A/C cooling for the 2013, 14, 15 Pinnacle's.

Jefco
Texas
Only for the 15, 16 FLSA
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:26 PM   #6

We bought through Colerain in Ohio. No issues, spent the better part of the morning going through PDI and everything checked out fine. No issues with cooling with ours. but it's the flsa floorplan.
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:46 PM   #7

Kevin an Beth
That is great no problems. Even though u have the FLSA it is on the same production line and probably a lot of everything is the same being installed by the same people. Just curious since cooling seems to be a big issue on ur unit model and now they have a third a/c do u have any problems?
Rock
Old 10-23-2015, 03:56 AM   #8

Never had an issue. We picked ours up in mid July and haven't seen any problems with cooling.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:45 AM   #9

Kevin an Beth
You just have to wonder why some units do not cool, others with slide problems or leveling problems. It almost seems more of a quality control issue. Take the a/c issue, why do some cool and some do not. Putting three a/c units on just does not seem right. I can see future power issues unless the third unit has its own 30 amp plug.
Rock
Rock
Old 10-26-2015, 11:06 PM   #10

We have had our 2016 since the 15th of this month (so 11 days) and there were a lot of things that were missed by our dealer during PDI. Most of them were cosmetic (missing light covers, crack in pantry door, slice in vinyl ceiling, missing trim on slide, screw sticking out between door frame and wall etc.) and not a huge deal but there were a few that have cost us a bit more time and one that has actually created a larger problem for us.

The first is that the central vacuum was not installed correctly and was unusable. Those huge screws? Not supposed to be there. They get in the way of being able to put the vacuum bag on to that tube. The dealer had to remove the vacuum and find new screws to fit and then reinstall. This was not something anyone thought to check because the vacuum bag goes on the inside of the part that is in the basement.

Also, we seem to have an issues with our speakers. 50% of them have no sound coming from them so definitely check A, B & C and don't just assume they are all working if you hear sound - go and stand under each one. Half of mine work in each area.

One of our slides was wonky but that was an easy adjustment.

However, the biggest issue was that the caulking job on the shower was incomplete. 1/3 of the outside bottom of where the shower door tracks meet the fibreglass enclosure had zero silicone. The entire length inside of the tracks had zero silicone. So water was seeping out from under the tracks. Unfortunately this was not discovered until 4 showers had been had and there is now water damage as a result of it. Please check the caulking on yours because I would hate for this to happen to anyone else.

It just stops 2/3rds of the way across.

Congratulations on your Pinnacle! Except for the issues we have had we love everything else about it. We went with the RSQS with a queen bed.
themoonroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:25 PM   #11

3 ACs is never a problem on 50 amp. 50 amp each leg, not total. 2 ACs on one leg, 1 on the other. Each drawing around 16 amps average. Depends on unit, if it has a hard start capacitor etc. Motorhomes do it all the time. At least most of your 38-40' pushers do.

Our last fifth wheel was 40' (4 slides) with 2 - 15k AC's. It only would maintain temps after several modifications. 36' class A (4 slides) we had had 2 - 15k units and a darker full body paint. It would not keep up at all unless you had shade and cooler temps. That said though, I'd never own another rig that big without 3 ACs. Always better to have too much than just enough. Plan on one going out in the middle of the summer. Always possible, then at least you have 2 backups instead of 1.

On the shower, I've had to remove almost every shower door we've owned due to leaking, including the latest Jay Flight. I pulled the whole thing, then laid a thick bead of silicone under the track, set it, then sealed inner and outer as well. Similar on vertical end pieces. Never had a problem doing it that way.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:15 AM   #12

Agree with the missing caulk. Ours didn'the have any on the bottom of the shower door. Took less than 30 seconds to fix. Noticed it the first night and ran a bead the next morning. Didn'the think much about it.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:18 AM   #13

Thanks for the postings of what u found. I will add all of your stuff to the forum PDI sheets I printed to ensure I look at those items. My FBTS went to transportation on Oct 20. Hope to get it weeks end or next week.
Tks
Rock

Beth an Kevin have u heard anything from carefree on your failure?
Old 10-28-2015, 08:01 AM   #14

Congrats on your new rsqs..we are about ready to order ours! Just waiting until the Polar Max two way 18 cu ft fridge will be available...should be on the December line....after reading this thread, I think we will spend the night in the rig at the dealer so we can go over it with a fine tooth comb!
rinkside7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #15

Purchased our 2015 Pinnacle in Langley, BC in April, 2015. Only two minor issues: bedroom slide wiper had a small tear (replaced); bedroom ceiling batten needed to be re-glued. Otherwise, no issues. Lived in the unit fulltime from May through Labor Day. Everything worked as advertised. Very pleased with product quality and performance.
BillnAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:12 PM   #16

The same issue mentioned above re: the long screws causing the Central Vac to be unusable was also an issue with our North Point 375BHFS.

We also had a large number of staples that were just simply hung up on the fabric of the rug in the living room area. I literally pulled 15 or so out with my fingers before little feet were sliced open by them.

My ceiling fan was missing a screw causing one of the blades to be slightly crooked.

My main entrance/exit lock mechanism needed replacement. It was very difficult to open or close it and our keyless entry worked MAYBE 1 time out of 15 attempts. We actually became locked inside the camper on one trip and needed to use the 1/2 bath door to exit. The dead bolt was not retracting all the way.
nhfire152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:29 AM   #17

Thanks everyone I will add some more stuff now. All seem to be minor but the door lock . Could not imagine if a kitchen fire or something happened fast and u could not open the door. U know how people panic, locked door not good! Called Jayco yesterday and shipping company said mine will be in Tampa today. Cannot wait now!!!
Rock
Old 10-29-2015, 06:14 PM   #18

Rock.....haven't heard from my dealer or carefree since I let my dealer know where again they dropped the ball on sending me a shipping label. That's where it sits....they didn't ship the right parts, which left me eating site costs, didn't ship a return label, so I still have the damaged awning,
Old 10-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #19

Kevin and Beth
That is what gets u mad. There is no reason to be treated by a company or dealer like that. Just a phone call to even let u know they are working on it is good
Rock
Old 10-29-2015, 07:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin and Beth View Post
I still have the damaged awning,
We had a "PINNACLE" washer crap out, actually two. Found out from the company they never did have the first one shipped back to find the actual cause. To quote the Customer service rep "It's not worth the shipping cost, we'll have the dealer just scrap it". Probably the same applies to CAREFREE.

Both units had the tub suspension system fail from bouncing in the back of the FLSA. We now have a SPLENDIDE pair and they said it would take the extra bouncing since they use heavier springs and shocks on the tub to take the abuse.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote