Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2016, 03:30 PM   #41

oh - and I went to the local Andersen authorized dealer. they put in the Curt reversible ball and sold me the hitch. Jayco dealer put it on for me when I picked up the trailer. Don't know about Camping World. I'm in Canada.... Cheers.
goldenroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:18 PM   #42

goldenroad man this is awesome, well I went to the Anderson Hitch authorized dealer today and they said that they can install the B&W gooseneck hitch for about $900.00 so I call camping world today to see what do the charge but they will get back with me. I think that this is the way that I want to do anyway, I even call Anderson today to get some more info. Thanks for those pics, I appreciated it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:57 PM   #43

You won't regret it. Nothing is as strong as this, nothing pulls as smoothly as this. It just plain works.... Love it. And so does my friend that just tossed out their conventional 5th wheel hitch and upgraded to this setup. They love it too.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:23 AM   #44

Yes, thank you goldenroads, I want to do my homework now so when I do get our's 5th wheel the dealer want talk about I have to get one of their hitches, I will already have my hitch.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:59 AM   #45
Site Team

Terminalogy

My problem with this hitch is that everyone calls it a gooseneck hitch. In fact, it is not a true gooseneck hitch.

Even the manufacturers call it that. Very misleading.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:37 AM   #46

I know what you mean, when I call the camping world yesterday the lady didn't even know what I was talking about at first until I said B&W gooseneck hitch I need to just go there I guess and talk with somebody who know.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:04 AM   #47

I've been watching this thread the last few days and I just want to let all of you know my experiences with Jayco/Anderson.

A couple of weeks ago I had my North Point at the Jayco service center to get the A/C repaired. When I picked it up the Jayco service rep talked with me about the Anderson hitch. He said that he was going to look the other way this time and not note it on my file, but, if anything happened to the frame of the camper to be sure that the Anderson adapter was gone before anyone from either Jayco or Lippert saw it. He said that Lippert would deny any warranty claim as being an altered hitch. After I got home I called Lippert to see what they had to say. The Lippert guy was very nice and he knew exactly what the Anderson hitch was when I told him what I had. He did confirm that any frame warranty repairs would be denied coverage if I was using the Anderson hitch.

I really like the hitch. It is so easy to hook up and it is by far the smoothest hitch I have pulled with. Having said all that, I am going to park the Anderson on a shelf until my warranty runs out. I really don't see any way that the Anderson would ever cause a problem, but, it's just not a chance I'm willing to take as long as I have a warranty. I'm going to knock the dust off my Hensley Trailersaver BD3 and go back to using it for the next couple of years.

I originally bought the Anderson after I traded campers last Spring and the North Point MorRyde pinbox was just to far forward to work with the cover on my Ram short bed. The Anderson moved the connection point back several inches and gave me good clearance with my bed cover and also able to make sharp turns without worrying about hitting the back of my truck cab. I'm going to have to watch real close with the Hensley and I may even need to go with a slider to be safe.
Harold Pittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #48

Andersen.....

It is a great hitch. This is what I truly like about it....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0305.jpg  
logytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #49

LOVE IT! I need to do that! I just have been shoving it under my 5th wheel when not in use -that is so much more secure and efficient!
Old 08-10-2016, 02:37 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Pittman View Post
I've been watching this thread the last few days and I just want to let all of you know my experiences with Jayco/Anderson.

A couple of weeks ago I had my North Point at the Jayco service center to get the A/C repaired. When I picked it up the Jayco service rep talked with me about the Anderson hitch. He said that he was going to look the other way this time and not note it on my file, but, if anything happened to the frame of the camper to be sure that the Anderson adapter was gone before anyone from either Jayco or Lippert saw it. He said that Lippert would deny any warranty claim as being an altered hitch. After I got home I called Lippert to see what they had to say. The Lippert guy was very nice and he knew exactly what the Anderson hitch was when I told him what I had. He did confirm that any frame warranty repairs would be denied coverage if I was using the Anderson hitch.

I really like the hitch. It is so easy to hook up and it is by far the smoothest hitch I have pulled with. Having said all that, I am going to park the Anderson on a shelf until my warranty runs out. I really don't see any way that the Anderson would ever cause a problem, but, it's just not a chance I'm willing to take as long as I have a warranty. I'm going to knock the dust off my Hensley Trailersaver BD3 and go back to using it for the next couple of years.

I originally bought the Anderson after I traded campers last Spring and the North Point MorRyde pinbox was just to far forward to work with the cover on my Ram short bed. The Anderson moved the connection point back several inches and gave me good clearance with my bed cover and also able to make sharp turns without worrying about hitting the back of my truck cab. I'm going to have to watch real close with the Hensley and I may even need to go with a slider to be safe.
You (any everyone else) know that Andersen has a $5 Million Dollar Warranty right?
http://www.andersenhitches.com/uploa...ate%202015.pdf

I have no worries about using my Andersen Hitch!

Dave...

2013 Ram 2500, CTD, CCLB 4x4 in True Blue - SOLD

2016 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS Picked-up 4/1/16
2007 Rockwood ROO 21SS - SOLD
Aero_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Dave View Post
You (any everyone else) know that Andersen has a $5 Million Dollar Warranty right?
http://www.andersenhitches.com/uploa...ate%202015.pdf

I have no worries about using my Andersen Hitch!

Dave...
That pretty well ends the debate. What more could you ask for? Thanks for the information, Dave!
Catholic for a reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #52

I was not aware of the Anderson warranty guarantee. That certainly changes my outlook on using the hitch while we are still under Jayco warranty. I will not take the Anderson hitch out of my truck now. Thanks for this info.
Harold Pittman is offline   Reply With Quote