Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #1

Another Reese Revolution Question

Hello!

Ordering a new Jayco 29.5 BHDS. I have a Ford F250 4x4 SRW short box. I like the idea of not messing with a slider (auto or not) and am thinking the revolution is the way to go. I've seen some threads here on the boards, but I have a question I'm hoping someone has some experience with.

1) If I have the factory install the Reese Revolution, can I switch it for the Reese Airborne Sidewinder later on? I feel like I read somewhere that moving to the airborne might not be possible if you had the revolution factory installed? I just can't seem to find where I got that idea in my head from.

2) If I have the factory just install a regular pin box, and then I add the Airborne Sidewinder myself, does that void any factory warranties that anyone knows about? Obviously I can contact the factory - just curious if anyone has heard anything.

Again - I feel like I read somewhere that the factory does something "special" with revolution installs (adding some additional support?) and without that they won't warranty the frame (or something)..?

Thanks in advanced!
datx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:56 PM   #2

I thought I read in the 2017 model year changes that the Revolution is discontinued. It might make this a moot point for you.

It doesn't answer your question, but if you can't get a 16 ordered, you may not have the choice.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:50 PM   #3

Ah-Ha! Thanks for the info, Cdash.

I've got emails out to Jayco and my dealer.. I'll post back what I find out from them as well.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #4

Hmmm. Wonder why they would discontinue the Revolution?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:01 AM   #5

We were considering the same thing when we ordered our 317RLOK. We ultimately went with the stock lippert pinbox and have the Reese Airborne Sidewinder sitting in my garage waiting for the unit to arrive so the dealer can make the switch for us before we take delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Hmmm. Wonder why they would discontinue the Revolution?
The Airborne is supposed to be a better ride then the revolution so maybe they're discontinuing because the Revolution wasn't selling like they thought it would?

So, I'm also curious if theres any warranty issues. You would think if an authorized Jayco dealer did the swap it wouldn't void anything, but also as with any other dealer installed accessories the dealer should be warrantying their install. Am I wrong to assume this?

And yes, I know what assuming anything does...
Old 04-18-2016, 08:26 PM   #6

I sent Jayco an email about it, and they referred me to customer service with my VIN to look that up. Since I don't have a VIN, didn't make since to chase that ball yet.

Let me know what you find out. I think that is the route I'm going to go as well.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #7

FYI - It looks like they are still doing the Revolution's on the 2017s as its in the new pricing documentation. Just wanted to update this thread..
Old 05-06-2016, 05:02 PM   #8

Can't imagine why they would ever discontinue the Revolution anyways. With the appropriate wedge installed, hitching and un-hitching works great, and tows great as well. Personally i'm glad I went that direction when we ordered our Jayco trailer.
mtedelen is offline   Reply With Quote