Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-07-2016, 05:41 AM   #21

I also used RV direct for leverage with my local dealer. They screamed bloody murder but basically matched the price RV Direct quoted. Glad I did as warranty issues with the new unit would have been a problem if I had to travel the distance to RV direct. I believe the distance from one of their facilities should be a factor in the purchase decision. I also was threatened by local salesperson about not getting warranty work done. I contacted Jayco on that issue and was told the local dealer was required to perform warranty work regardless of where unit was purchased. I would be interested in hearing from folks that purchased from RV Direct as to what their experience was in getting warranty work at their local dealer.
AJP207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:36 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP207 View Post
I also used RV direct for leverage with my local dealer. They screamed bloody murder but basically matched the price RV Direct quoted. Glad I did as warranty issues with the new unit would have been a problem if I had to travel the distance to RV direct. I believe the distance from one of their facilities should be a factor in the purchase decision. I also was threatened by local salesperson about not getting warranty work done. I contacted Jayco on that issue and was told the local dealer was required to perform warranty work regardless of where unit was purchased. I would be interested in hearing from folks that purchased from RV Direct as to what their experience was in getting warranty work at their local dealer.
I live near Orlando and a RVOne dealer.
Regarding a dealer not servicing your Jayco, they will. They will still make money. But you will wait longer-- sometime weeks--than their clients that bought from them.
There are actually wholesalers in Imdiana/Ohio that are $8-10k less than even RVone/RVdirect. Btw, RV one/RV Direct are the same as others regarding warranty work for people that didn't buy from them according to online reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Larry Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:45 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP207 View Post
I would be interested in hearing from folks that purchased from RV Direct as to what their experience was in getting warranty work at their local dealer.
I bought from RVDirect. Saved $8000 over the local dealer.
I had a couple of issues and called the local dealer. they said I go to the back of the line and that the service folks who bought from them first. They said I would continue to go to the back of the line until they didn't have someone who bought from them in line. They took my name and number. That was in June. No call yet. Their crappy attitude and the fact they are known for less than steller service were the reason I decided on RVDirect.

I called Jayco, and they approved a local independent to do my work with no problems. (Other than the 8 week wait for the parts from Lippert.)
Old 10-10-2016, 08:35 PM   #24

Purchased new 2017 eagle HT from Albany RV Good price but you can't even get a call back from them for service. Tried calling Garrick rv but no return calls from them either, how did you get them to do work for you? I have slide problems with my 28.5 rsts
buffaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #25

We purchased a 2015 Eagle Premier 375BHFS from the Buffalo location and saved about $15K compared to the closest dealer (2 hours away) that stocked the Eagle Premiers (now North Point). It was well worth the 10 hour drive to pick it up and we would do it again in a heartbeat. We got a much nicer camper than we could afford locally. The only downside is that they typically stock all the units with the same options in each model. We ordered ours to get what we wanted.

I shopped many websites nationwide and spent weeks researching all the options, including the other so-called wholesale dealers in the mid-west and no one came within $5K of their price.
charlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
RV One has two local Jayco dealers ( Orlando and Tampa) near me. I'm just a little concerned about reviews regarding service on both, but I guess that's the nature of the RV business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The service issue is way over played. I bought from RV Direct, saved over $5k [more if you include selling my old TT myself over the trade in offered by my local dealer, and have had zero trouble getting service from that same dealer. If you run into problems getting service all you have to do is contact Jayco and they will direct you to a dealer or will authorize another to service the unit under warrantee.

My 2014 White Hawk went to the local Jayco dealer exactly one time just before the end of the 2 year warrantee ran out. Had a laundry list of mostly minor things but a couple more important ones and they handled the process with Jayco and all were repaired or replaced under warrantee.

Save the money, there is nothing magical about your local dealer.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:55 PM   #27

Des Moines RV

Just bought my second RV from RV One. I picked both up in Des Moines from Des Moines RV. Would not hesitate to buy from them again. The sales process was fairly easy but it was their service department that convinced me. I had a few problems with this fiver (all manufacturing problems not Dealer) Should not have had any problems with a new fiver but there were things that should have been done at the factory that got overlooked. The guys in the service department there in Des Moines (Service manager Chris) went above and beyond in making it right before I left the lot. The problems weren't hard to fix but were very difficult to diagnose. It took over a day just to identify the problem and the guys never gave up and even called in technical support from New York. I wish I could get local service as dedicated as these guys were. They were great. I am considering some modifications to the fiver and will probably plan it when I am back out that way so they can do it. Cant say enough good things about the service I got there. I followed them each step of the way as they were going through the diagnosis process and trust them completely. Might not go through the same manufacturer again on my next purchase but would go back to Des Moines without hesitation.
R2Pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #28

We just ordered an Eagle339FLQS from local dealer. We had quote from RV Direct that was about 4000.00 less, and were going to order from them. The only inconvenience was having to drive to one of there facilities to pick up. Upon further research, there Business practice leaves alot to be desired. I then checked with BBB, and they have many complaints, so decided to go with local dealer. In short, you proably have this with most companies, but at least buying locally, I can walk into the Dealership and talk to dealership Management/Employees if I have serious problems. I guess its what you feel comfortable with also. Just my 2 cents.
paboxmaker is offline   Reply With Quote