Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2017, 10:16 PM   #1

Anyone own a new model Eagle 321RSTS, Possible new buyer here.

I am new to this forum and I am thinking about buying my first Jayco product, the 2017 Eagle 321RSTS. I would like to order one this winter, take delivery in the spring. I wanted to get some feedback from current owners, how do you like the build quality? What options do you like? Has anyone ordered the new Sani Con Waste Management system, do you like it, worth it? I am happy to see some good upgrades that are not available even on some more expensive brands, like the MorRyde Pinbox which I have had on my other fiver and loved it. New Goodyear Endurance tires are standard, very happy no cheap Chinese tires. Any feedback is appreciated.
fivermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:51 PM   #2

We bought a new 291 rsts in Nov. 2016. Since the purchase only 8 weeks ago, it has been in the shop 6 weeks. We've had slide problems from day one. I've read of many slide issues on this forum since our purchase but our issue has finally been resolved, hopefully. We haven"t actually had an opportunity to use our 5th wheel so I can't really speak of any other good or bad issues. Our problematic slide (the dining room) was manufactured by Lippert Components. I hate to discourage you from your purchase but this has been our limited experience. I has been a nightmare trying to get anyone to accept responsibility for the faulty slide. Before you accept your new 5th wheel, my advice would be to have the dealer put power to the unit and run the slides in and out several times and listen for any abnormal sounds. If you hear any pops, loud creaks or jerky motions, I'd run to a different RV. Good luck
Doos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #3
Site Team

The one you run to will likely have the same slide.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:09 PM   #4

I mean, run to a different unit, not particularly a different brand.
Doos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:16 PM   #5

We bought our 2017 321RSTS last July in Indiana and towed it back to Oregon, where we live. No real problems so far (I think all have SOME minor problems). Have not had to visit a Dealer for maintenance yet. We ordered Electric Jacks, MorRyde Pinbox, Bedroom AC, 2nd Awning, Insulated Windows, upgraded 16" Maxxis Tires, and Slide Toppers. We kind of wished we got the Theater Seats. The Rockers take up valuable space next to the kitchen table. Not really a big deal...
YES, I would buy again!
BE SURE TO DO AN IN DEPTH PDI WITH YOUR DEALER! Enjoy
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
John7349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:15 AM   #6

Yep, it been said, all the trailer will have some minor problem but do go through an in depth PDI.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:38 AM   #7
Site Team

I am encouraged by the news of the Endurance tires but they have not been tested by purchasers.

I am optimistic that they will be a solution to the tire complaints.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:26 AM   #8

We took delivery of a new 2016 321RSTS in March of 2016. Since then we have had only one problem. Towards the end of the season here in the Northeast, the bathroom vent developed a crack and was replaced under warranty. Our dealer, Pete's RV in South Windsor took the unit in the day after I called, and it was fixed immediately. No other problems at all.
Mindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:54 AM   #9

We have the 2017 28.5 RSTS, and have been happy with it so far. Several minor issues that are going to be addressed the the spring. The only major issue is thst one of the slides doesn't close completely. This also wlil be taken care of. Love the roominess, storage, and obviously the fireplace. We did upgrade to the Maxxus tires.
richie t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doos01 View Post
We bought a new 291 rsts in Nov. 2016. Since the purchase only 8 weeks ago, it has been in the shop 6 weeks. We've had slide problems from day one. I've read of many slide issues on this forum since our purchase but our issue has finally been resolved, hopefully. We haven"t actually had an opportunity to use our 5th wheel so I can't really speak of any other good or bad issues. Our problematic slide (the dining room) was manufactured by Lippert Components. I hate to discourage you from your purchase but this has been our limited experience. I has been a nightmare trying to get anyone to accept responsibility for the faulty slide. Before you accept your new 5th wheel, my advice would be to have the dealer put power to the unit and run the slides in and out several times and listen for any abnormal sounds. If you hear any pops, loud creaks or jerky motions, I'd run to a different RV. Good luck
Old pet peave of mine...using paragraphs makes for easier reading for some of us old people!

Come back and let everyone know how things are when you actually start using it.

Safe travels.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:11 PM   #11

321RSTS is a great layout. Options I have are MorRyde, King bed, 2nd AC, Dual pane windows, bedroom TV.

Definitely work in the deal changing the bathroom fan to a Fantastic fan with cover, Thermostats to digital and I upgraded the toilet to a Dometic 310.

Unit has some quality issues that will be taken care of in the spring.
JCW53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW53 View Post
321RSTS is a great layout. Options I have are MorRyde, King bed, 2nd AC, Dual pane windows, bedroom TV.

Definitely work in the deal changing the bathroom fan to a Fantastic fan with cover, Thermostats to digital and I upgraded the toilet to a Dometic 310.

Unit has some quality issues that will be taken care of in the spring.
x2 on the fan and cover.
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
John7349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:28 PM   #13

Eagle 321

Bought a 2017 Eagle 321 and picked it up in Sept. I have a friend we bought the same identical fiver and he picks his up in Oct. Fiverman if u want to talk details PM me and I will fill you in on some things.
R2Pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:07 PM   #14
Pa1

I picked up my 321rsts on 2/5/17 in Arizona. Spent four days there using it and loved it. The more time we spend looking the more cosmetic issues we see. The Sani Con is cool but i only used it because i didn't bring standard drain hoses with me. Won't use it on a regular basis because if you want to flush the black tank you need to have standard drain hoses. Besides it's just something else to break. I was very disappointed that the dvd player does not play blue ray dosks, while my 2015 jay flight did play blue ray disks. Lastly while my 321rsts was built in December it came with the Maxxis tires, i was hoping for the Goodyears.