Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #1

Atwood Leveling System for Pinnacle

We hope to be ordering the 31 Rlts Pinnacle in the next few weeks. One of the options is the four point leveling system made by Atwood. Has anybody had any experience with this system? Familiar with the Big Foot system but not the Atwood system.
Don
Donr827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donr827 View Post
We hope to be ordering the 31 Rlts Pinnacle in the next few weeks. One of the options is the four point leveling system made by Atwood. Has anybody had any experience with this system? Familiar with the Big Foot system but not the Atwood system.
Don
Is the Atwood the one that Jayco uses?

Just starting to get familiar with some options.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
Is the Atwood the one that Jayco uses?

Just starting to get familiar with some options.
Yes, according to the factory and our dealer.
Don
Old 12-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #4

I guess the Atwood leveling system is new option for 2012 Jayco fifth wheels.
Don
Old 12-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #5

Let me bring this topic back to life.

Is an auto-leveling system something new for Jayco or just the Pinnacle? Has anyone put after market systems on their units?

How does the Atwood compare to say the Lippert or Big Foot systems ?

We are close to finish selecting options and can see pros/cons for the auto-levelers.

Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 12-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
Let me bring this topic back to life.

Is an auto-leveling system something new for Jayco or just the Pinnacle? Has anyone put after market systems on their units?

How does the Atwood compare to say the Lippert or Big Foot systems ?

We are close to finish selecting options and can see pros/cons for the auto-levelers.
Larry, I have not been able to find someone who has it installed on a Pinnacle. I have down loaded and printed all the installation and user manuals from their web site. If it works and there are no problems I would order it if and when I order the 31RLTS. I believe that it is a new option.
Don
Old 12-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #7

Thanks Don.

Looks like not much experience with Atwood on Jayco.

View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 12-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #8

Did a little looking around today and found that some Class A motor homes are using the system. The brochure that I found shows both a fifth wheel and a motor home on the front cover. The system is all electric which makes since. Jayco uses electric slide outs.
Don
Old 12-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #9

Not getting that warm cozy feeling about the Atwood.

View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 01-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #10

I have the Atwood self leverers on my new Pinnacle and have nothing but problems so far. No way in the world would I recommend it from my experience so far. If they EVER get it working right I might change my mind. Right now very frustrating. Follow printed instructions EXACTLY to the letter and it still doesn't work correctly. Atwood keeps saying that it needs to be re-programmed, but they're the one doing it and it still fails.
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:36 PM   #11

We have the aftermarket Reico Titan on our 2011 Pinnacle.
The factory installed Atwood system was not available on the 2011 model.
Ours is not a automatic system, it has 4 electric motors on the 4 landing gear legs and a remote to control them.
The are very fast and setup time is usually just a few minutes.
Since we normally move every few weeks they have been used quite a bit they have worked great.
I would consider them one of the better upgrades we did to our Pinnacle.
Sure hope they get the bugs worked out on the Atwood leveling system.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #12

I have the Atwood leveling system and have had nothing but trouble with it. Always get the same response that I must not be following the procedure correctly or it needs to be reprogramed. Trust me I follow the procedure to the letter and it will do things like go into auto level and stop with one leg 2" off the ground or have a fault code that won't clear no matter what I try. Currently it will only work in manual. I'm back to leveling with a hand level for the next 2 months on the road.

good luck
pointrow

2013 Pinnacle 34rlts
pointrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #13

Looks like I must be the lucky one here. I have the Atwood auto leveling system on my jayco 5th wheel that I bought in July 2013. I have used the levers at least 20 times with no problems at all. Love them and so easy to use. Push a button then start hooking up the water and sewer hoses while the levers do their thing!

2012 F250 Super Duty
2014 Jayco Premier 361REQS
Super Springs
Yamerhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #14

We have had our Atwood leveling system and camper since September 2012, it works great so far, probably one of the best options we have ever had on a 5th wheel.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #15

Yes they are great when they work. Unhook and hit auto.
pointrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #16

just bought a jayco with this levelling system, hope all is well with it, hate to hear of problems with a major component of the 5th wheel
HappyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donr827 View Post
Don
Our 2013 Premier came with them and after a nightmare of problems and several trips back to the dealer, I spent a thousand bucks having the system removed and standard electric rear stabilizers installed. They were able to utilize the existing front jacks by adding two rocker switches to control them. Even with the Atwood Levelegs, you must be semi-level from side to side as it will not lift the wheels off the ground. The rep from the factory even admitted that the system could be cantankerous. Good luck if you decide to go with them.
2013 Jayco Premier 321 RLTS w/Atwood Levelegs (now removed)
ckdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #18

Ours are working fine...after the owner/operator errors were discovered.

View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 02-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #19

I too have the Atwood "Levelegs with Sensor technology" leveling system in my 2013 Jayco Pinnacle 38FLFS and also have had NOTHING BUT TROUBLE since day one, which was in June 2013. It's been a myriad of problems, all thoroughly documented, including dates, times, who I spoke with etc etc. Sometimes I could not get the fronts to raise. Other times the system would level but the rears would be off the ground. Of course the levelers not working is a "deal breaker" as you are not supposed to extend the slides if the unit is not level. When they fail where we store the trailer, we can't leave. When they fail at the campground, we potentially can't camp, or we may be delayed (hours) before we can pack up and leave. If the levelers are not firmly on the ground the unit moves around when you walk in there, especially in the bedroom (rear). Our dealership admittedly was not totally up to speed on this system so I kept getting referred to Atwood. I've had to call them many times, from various locations and have been on the phone for hours. Reprogramming the system was the standard answer. The dealership finally replaced the main control module (mounted upside down in the "basement") after much complaining from me, but seemingly was not the entire solution. Most recently, I was called by the dealership to come get it, that it was done. When I arrived, we loaded it on my pickup then unloaded and attempted to level it - NOT. The rears would be off the ground when the system finished it's leveling process. I am starting to believe it is a design flaw. The last discussion I had with the dealership was they were going to fly someone in to look at the problem, from Jayco I believe. I suggested they fly someone in from Atwood. I will keep the board here informed on how this progresses. The dealership has had my trailer since mid-November 2013, and OBTW it is the first of February 2014 if anyone is counting.... VERY FRUSTRATING, especially considering how much we pay for these trailers. Disappointed, to say the least.
nfd0800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:32 AM   #20

Wow, sorry for all the problems you are having with the leveling system.
Your Pinnacle being at the dealer since mid November is certainty not acceptable.

When I read posts like this, it makes me scratch my head
Since we fulltime in our Pinnacle, having it at a dealer for 2 or 3 months for repairs is not going to work at all !!!!!

It makes me happy that we have only had some minor issues that either the dealer was able to correct in one day or I was able to correct / resolve without taking it to the dealer.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote