Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #11

After reading some of the complaints with the leveling systems that were put on at the factory I decided to go down to Bigfoot in White Pigeon Michigan and put their system on. Been almost three years now and have never looked back. Last year on our way out west we blew a tire so we decided to replace all with good year G614 the system lifted all four tires off the ground made it easy for the tire store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:29 AM   #12

Out of habit I throw a couple of leveling blocks under each leg just for the fun of it now. I had an issue with the rear legs being "out of stroke" the first time, but I have had no issues since. I have actually become quite the fan of the auto-level system.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiguy View Post
Out of habit I throw a couple of leveling blocks under each leg just for the fun of it now. I had an issue with the rear legs being "out of stroke" the first time, but I have had no issues since. I have actually become quite the fan of the auto-level system.
Yep, this is the solution, I did the very same thing and the out of stroke messages went away.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:00 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiguy View Post
I have actually become quite the fan of the auto-level system.
Me too!! It has made setup pain free!!

Only one out of stroke error in our first year of using it and that was an extremely unlevel site. Could have undid it all and added 1 more block under the rear, but it errored out really close to level, so we just left it. The outdoor kitchen was at chin height, and I'm 6' 2" if that tells you anything about the site.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:08 AM   #15

We had to drag the steps my DW uses inside to the outdoor kitchen in order to reach. I am only 5' 9".

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:51 PM   #16

I'm sure this doesn't help the OP, but my autolevel system has been perfect. Pull up to site, disconnect from TV, press auto-level, toss some blocks under rear jacks, and proceed to other tasks (letting out slides, hooking up to power etc.) Before I am done with other tasks, the trailer is level.

Twice I had the same problem. I dropped the front feet too low with the manual adjustment before disconnecting from the TV so didn't have enough travel in the system to drop the nose low enough. I had to reconnect to the TV and bring the feet up.

When I'm done camping, I press the two buttons and it automatically retracts the rear jacks and raises the nose right back to the appropriate level for hooking back up to the TV.

Even on non-level ground, I simply haven't had a problem. Just put some extra levelling blocks on the down-hill side.
bigskydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:18 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Certainly gonna try, got a week long dry camp in Just a few weeks, I do feel better about it after reading the feedback, and now that I recorrected zero, I think it'll also help, those *****s at the local camping world (which has a terrible rep) zeroed it right in front of me while we were in the parking lot, and never even put a level on it. On to figuring out the battery situation now, thinking of trying to go get four 6-volt golf cart style batteries, and using them instead of getting two more of the 12 volts like it has.

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18
Old 09-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #18

Just one other thing to point out. If your going to be playing with your system to test it out. The return to hitch setting is really a _return to where you started from setting _ for lack of better words.

When I first got my rig. I had read so many people frustrated with the levelling system. I was actually fascinated with the how it worked so I would put it in different out of level conditions to see how the algorithms worked to solve level. For a while I was not getting it to return to my disconnect height and it was then I realized that each time I would hit autolevel, the starting point for that run became the new return to hitch data point.

Now that I am comfortable with it I use the return to hitch function and am very happy with how it works.

I do hope you get the system working to your satisfaction, it's not perfect and there are times I wish it had a bit more stroke, but I just kind of mentally assess how far out of level it is and throw down legos if necessary.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
Just one other thing to point out. If your going to be playing with your system to test it out. The return to hitch setting is really a _return to where you started from setting _ for lack of better words.

When I first got my rig. I had read so many people frustrated with the levelling system. I was actually fascinated with the how it worked so I would put it in different out of level conditions to see how the algorithms worked to solve level. For a while I was not getting it to return to my disconnect height and it was then I realized that each time I would hit autolevel, the starting point for that run became the new return to hitch data point.

Now that I am comfortable with it I use the return to hitch function and am very happy with how it works.

I do hope you get the system working to your satisfaction, it's not perfect and there are times I wish it had a bit more stroke, but I just kind of mentally assess how far out of level it is and throw down legos if necessary.
Great info to know! Thanks! That'll save a bit of hassle and nuisance!

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:20 AM   #20

I always see people talking about using blocks under their jacks but I never see anyone mention dropping the jack extensions before atemping to level. I admit have only used mine on fairly level ground so far, but I just drop the jack extensions to as close to the ground as possible and hit auto-level. I have had no issues so far. Actually I just installed the new wheels and tires for our unit, and just for grins I decided to see if the jacks could lift the unit off the ground. I put it in manual mode and it did it with ease. All four tires off the ground with no problem. Maybe I just got lucky and got a good setup.

Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote