Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2017, 07:55 AM   #1

auto leveling

Hi
I want to know if anyone has added an auto leveling system to a Jayco 27.5 2015 5th wheel if so which one and if anyone knows where to have it installed in Fl
lmcneight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:25 AM   #2

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Auto leveling is popular, but I don't recall anyone adding it after the trailer was built. We'll have wait and see what others say.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:56 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcneight View Post
Hi
I want to know if anyone has added an auto leveling system to a Jayco 27.5 2015 5th wheel if so which one and if anyone knows where to have it installed in Fl
We added the Equalizer System 6 point hydraulic system. We went to their factory install shop in Elkhart Ia. We needed a trip fix.
They have a 4 point also and Bullfrog has an electric 4 point you can add, probably all your RV needs.We even left the factory landing gear as backup.
The brackets weld or bolt on and any rv or heavy equipment shop could install. I could have but for the price installed we chose a road trip.
I don't regret spending what we did for this set up at all, would do it again and will NEVER have another RV without an auto-level system
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:58 AM   #4

I forgot LCI has a 4point electric after market kit also
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:50 AM   #5

Brought my new 2017 5th 301rets with LCI 6 point leveling home. My yard is not level but parked in the most level spot and auto leveling goes into error over and over. The middle levelers cannot be lowered when in error although the manual says hit left & right keys when in error. side to side levels good but front to back indicates a +2.0 level when it goes into level error. It worked great at the dealers perfectly level parking lot. my slope is from 5er rear downward to pin box about 5 inches.
NorthPoint5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoint5r View Post
Brought my new 2017 5th 301rets with LCI 6 point leveling home. My yard is not level but parked in the most level spot and auto leveling goes into error over and over. The middle levelers cannot be lowered when in error although the manual says hit left & right keys when in error. side to side levels good but front to back indicates a +2.0 level when it goes into level error. It worked great at the dealers perfectly level parking lot. my slope is from 5er rear downward to pin box about 5 inches.
Are your jacks running out of stroke?

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #7

I commented after seeing a pic with up to a 12" stoke on this thread by another replay and mine stops at around 10" with error so it did not want to bother to go further before declaring an error. Could it be that it calculated ahead not enough stoke?
NorthPoint5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoint5r View Post
I commented after seeing a pic with up to a 12" stoke on this thread by another replay and mine stops at around 10" with error so it did not want to bother to go further before declaring an error. Could it be that it calculated ahead not enough stoke?
Use blocks to end over stroke. Also the shorter the jacks come down the more stable the trailer will be.

I use the plastic Lego type blocks under my hydro jacks on my current trade trailer.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote