Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2016, 07:58 PM   #1
jtw

auto leveling problem

I have a lippert 4 point leveling system, the rear jacks are moving down in auto level mode but they are not making contact with the ground, at this point the front jacks level the camper, and system says auto level success. Has this happened to anyone.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:59 PM   #2

I am interested to see if anyone else is having this problem also. My 2015 323LKTS did the same thing on my weekend trip.
kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamper View Post
I am interested to see if anyone else is having this problem also. My 2015 323LKTS did the same thing on my weekend trip.
I have never had this problem on my 2016 323LKTS. However, I always put blocks under the rear jacks so they don't get to extend near the end of travel.
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:02 PM   #4

Absolutely!! I have Lippert 2.0 Ground Control and it is really messed up.
Contact with LCI phone service was no help, nice folk, just no resolution.
Had a qualified RV tech work with this while communicating to LCI and he had NO success.
Ok, so the system worked fine for 12 months then all you know what broke loose.
Front jacks work fine, then we get all types of error codes, jacks that don't come down all the way without touching and on board system says " Auto Level Success"
Haha. Oh well we really don't know where to turn now.
jimetcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:54 PM   #5
jtw

I called LCI talked to service guy, he told me to locate the level sensor that is mounted to the frame in the center of the camper behind the rear axle, mine was located right by the spare tire inside the underbelly, tech said they loosen up causing this problem or the sensor goes bad, sensor needs to feel frame movement to work right. I found the sensor loose and tightened it up tried to operate auto level but it still didn't work right, gonna call back tomorrow and see if they will warranty a level sensor, LCI guy was very helpful and seemed to know what he was talking about.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebra View Post
I have never had this problem on my 2016 323LKTS. However, I always put blocks under the rear jacks so they don't get to extend near the end of travel.
Thanks for your suggestion Dalebra. I do use blocks so as to not need to fully extend. I recalibrated (Zero Set according to the LCI app) my jacks last night. They seem to be working again.
kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:25 AM   #7

Quote:
X2

Not positive, but I think Jayco went to Ground Control 3.0 with the 2016 models so that may have something to do with it. I've read numerous horror stories about GC 2.0 on this forum, but have had no problems with GC 3.0
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:03 PM   #8
jtw

Mine is the ground control 3
Old 10-19-2016, 07:10 PM   #9
jtw

I called LCI back today, explained that the sensor was loose, tried to re level but was unsuccessful. LCI is convinced the rear level sensor is bad, and they are mailing me a new with no charge, very happy with there knowledge and helpfulness over the phone.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtw View Post
I called LCI back today, explained that the sensor was loose, tried to re level but was unsuccessful. LCI is convinced the rear level sensor is bad, and they are mailing me a new with no charge, very happy with there knowledge and helpfulness over the phone.

Keep us posted and possibly post some pictures of your swap if possible. It could be useful for the rest of us down the road.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:57 PM   #11

Have you tried re-calibrating the system by Zeroing out the jacks? There are instructions from Lippert on how to do that. What we found was it's a good idea to do zero calibration whenever you experience a rash of error messages. We have also done the manual calibration to get the system working again. If you want PM me and I can explain the steps.

Quote:
I have a lippert 4 point leveling system, the rear jacks are moving down in auto level mode but they are not making contact with the ground, at this point the front jacks level the camper, and system says auto level success. Has this happened to anyone.
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 12:32 AM   #12

My rear levelers also only went partially down went one time. I did the reset calibration per the instructions and they have worked well since then. I made a copy of the troubleshooting pages and leave it at the control panel.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:59 PM   #13
jtw

I did not re-calibrate, I didn't get any error codes, I used the leveling system the week before, when I spoke to jayco they pointed right to the rear level sensor, the ft level sensor he told me is incorporated in the main module. I'll keep you posted when new sensor comes. I had to cut into belly pan to locate the sensor, its really disappointing to see the crappy job the factory does assembling things wires all over the place, saw dust from
floor cutouts as well as the cutouts, and random pieces of insulation floating around.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:15 PM   #14

Another thing you may also want to check, is the mounting of the main sensor control box--where all the wires go into. During a normal inspection, I found that Jayco only used two screws (on one side) instead of four, to mount the sensor box. Thus, the box was slightly cockeyed. After adding two more screws, the box was finally secured and more leveled. We have experienced less issues since, but still get intermittent error messages.

Hope this helps, also!

Quote:
I did not re-calibrate, I didn't get any error codes, I used the leveling system the week before, when I spoke to jayco they pointed right to the rear level sensor, the ft level sensor he told me is incorporated in the main module. I'll keep you posted when new sensor comes. I had to cut into belly pan to locate the sensor, its really disappointing to see the crappy job the factory does assembling things wires all over the place, saw dust from
floor cutouts as well as the cutouts, and random pieces of insulation floating around.
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:52 PM   #15

I'm glad a read this thread. Yesterday after one year of perfect operation out of my Geound Control 2, the system went stupid. This is my second Jayco, first was a 2014 and the GC2 on that was an incurable disaster. Lots of issues with that unit. Hence my 2016. I'm going to take a look at sensor. I'm thinking it either came loose or went bad. The system worked flawlessly now the controller is commanding adjustments that make zero sense. Will report back.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:37 AM   #16
jtw

I received the new rear level sensor (which was warranted), installed and now system is working perfectly, I didn't do any re-calibration of system it remembered everything. The LCI tech told me they have a very good built in memory even when power has been turned off or batteries go dead. Again I can't say enough about the great service I got from them, Don't anyone hesitate to call with troubleshooting questions, tech support 574-537-8900
Old 11-03-2016, 03:04 PM   #17

auto leveling problem

Just contacted LCI about my 2016 Seismic. Awesome customer service. I contacted them with my 2014 that had HUGE leveling and slide issues and it was nothing like this. They have improved their service 100 fold.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:52 PM   #18

I had a leveling issue with my Lippert system also. It seems the system can lose it memory as to the location of one or more of the legs. I called LCI customer service and they walked me through the process of resetting the system. Was fairly simple process that is not explained in the manual. I did learn one way to help prevent this error and that is to drop the front landing gear only 3 holes and let the legs do the rest. I had always dropped the legs to a couple inches off the ground before I started the truck disconnect process. I had a good experience with their customer service.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by skijlw View Post
I had a leveling issue with my Lippert system also. It seems the system can lose it memory as to the location of one or more of the legs. I called LCI customer service and they walked me through the process of resetting the system. Was fairly simple process that is not explained in the manual. I did learn one way to help prevent this error and that is to drop the front landing gear only 3 holes and let the legs do the rest. I had always dropped the legs to a couple inches off the ground before I started the truck disconnect process. I had a good experience with their customer service.
Can you share the resetting process?

Thank you.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Exactly what he said............
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote