Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2016, 07:50 AM   #11
I have the 3.0 4 point. We find it to be much more stable than the stabilizer/board alternative. Have been on a couple of sites and it will lift the wheels off the ground if that is what is needed to level the 5th wheel.

2003 GMC Serria 2500HD - Lotsa Mods.
2016 355MBQS
rsday75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:23 AM   #12
If you're going to install the system on your existing camper, it may not be worth it to you. The 6 point electric was on my FLSA when I bought it. I, hopefully, will never again waste another minute manually leveling my camper. I start "camping" about 10 minutes earlier each trip. We all own "things or stuff" which help us do ordinary actions (or there wouldn't be remote controls for anything) so this is one more to add to the list. I fear to say that those who say they're okay with manual leveling, have not used an automatic system.

Mule: 2016 RAM Mega Cab Dually, 4X4, Demco Hijacker 21K Autoslide on RAM Puck, Laramie, 6.7, Aisin, 4:10's, Loaded
Wagon: 2015 Pinnacle 38FLSA, Sailun G's, Center Point Air Suspension, 572 Watts Solar w/4 T-145s.
Drifter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:39 AM   #13
I have a 2017 3.0 Electric system. I ordered mine while the 2016 pricing was still in effect so it was bundled in as part of the deal. (The actual invoice had it broken out with the new pricing but anyway that is irrelevant)

I have had zero issues with it. It was a mandatory option for me and I would add it in if I were buying a new trailer again.

I've spent years leveling RV's. I'm sick of it. I chock the wheels, unhitch, grab a beer and head to the pool or down to the river... when I come back the wife has the trailer level, the Direct TV on and she is happy.
2009 F350 CC LB 4WD
2017 Jayco 355MBQS
Rustysocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #14
I am scheduled for wed of next week to have Equalizer install their 6 point hydraulic system. Probably could ave lived with the 4 pt & could have saved a bunch by purchasing the Bullseye electric & installing myself. It's what I want .
Did go price a new Pinnicle with the extra 1/2bath by the kitchen , that's why we are heading to Elkhart Sunday.
2011 321RLTS
2012 Chevy duramax dually
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:05 AM   #15
I have the 6 point ground control 3.0 as well. If I were setting up at a site one time and leaving it there I could not see the point in saving a little time and effort. With several weekend 2-3 night trips it is worth it. I am a big fan of the time and effort saved as well as the no guess "re-hitch" feature. I still use my DW as my spotter when backing in, but the 7 times I have used the feature I have not had to adjust even a little bit.
2016 Jayco North Point 375 BHFS

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:20 AM   #16
I have the 4 point leveling on mine. After having two other rv's with manual leveling, I can't do without it! It makes the camper more stable. Once I get the camper into position, I may put some orange blocks under some of the feet. Raise the front up and drive out from under it, then hit auto. Easy peazy! Yes it will lift the camper wheels off the ground if it needs to. I once (the dw wasn't there) forgot to unhitch the truck and raised the rear wheels of the truck 4 or 5 inches off the ground before I noticed what was happening. If I get another rv, it will have auto leveling. To the op, yes it's worth it

2012 F250 Super Duty
2014 Jayco Premier 361REQS
Super Springs
Yamerhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #17
When we bought a new RV my first item on the list was auto leveling. We have a four point system on a 40' fiver and it works great. SO much faster than a manual set up. One spot we parked the RV this year was on a side slope steep enough the tires on one side barely touched the ground.
2014 Eagle Premier 361REQS
Mor-ride pin box
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:13 AM   #18
Love the 4 point on my '16 29.5 BHDS. One of my favorite options.

Pull up to the campsite. Unhook. Press auto-level. Throw some lego blocks under the rear jacks. Plug in water and electric and run the slides out. The leveling process finishes while I am doing the other things.

When we are ready to hook back up, just hit the two buttons and it goes right back to where it was when I unhooked. Awesome and totally worth it.

Only once have I had an issue. I ran out of travel on the landing gear during the leveling process because I let the jack legs out farther than necessary before starting the process. I had to abort, re-hook to the truck, and shorten the jack legs.

I'm sure I could live without it, but after having it for almost a year, I would never buy another camper without it.
bigskydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #19
That's been my experience as well. As long as your somewhat aware of the stroke limitations of the jacks and use some common sense and blocking it works great.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2009 F350 CC LB 4WD
2017 Jayco 355MBQS
Rustysocket is offline   Reply With Quote