Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-28-2015, 01:01 PM   #1

Awning/door edge rain issue

I know that this is a common thing, and I think probably a poor design, but my awning ends right at the edge of my door on my 351 RLSA 5th wheel. Also, just past the end of my awning and the door edge is my slide out. The problem is when it rains it and my awning is out the water still blows in onto my entrance steps, it also bounces off the slide out onto my steps and into the entrance when I open the door. I've thought about just hanging a poncho up there to block it but was wondering if any of you have come up with a better solution? I saw where one full timer had attached a piece of metal/fiberglass to the edge of his door frame but that wouldn't be feasible for a non-full timer.
It's not a big deal but just a little annoyance.
rbarker46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:13 PM   #2

I am thinking about having a boat canvas guy make a clear window that will attach to the awning with velcro and the arm. This will give me light yet the added protection from the rain. Another option is to strecth it between the slideout awning and awning, but I was a little sceptical about the slidout awning tearing.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:06 PM   #3

Good idea, I was thinking about something similar. Wonder if adding a strip of magnets along the awning and onto the clear sheet would be easier to put up and take down? I got the idea from the tv ad about the screen that you can hang over your patio doors that is held together with magnets. haha
rbarker46 is offline   Reply With Quote