Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperactive View Post
The 2018 model according to the dealer told me the tires where the new Goodyear endurance load range R's. He check the unit they had on the lot.
Load range R? I think someone is confused, as Goodyear says all their Endurance 16 inch tires are load range E. https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...ce/sizes-specs
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:29 PM   #22

Wow talk about overkill… E rated are more than enough.

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:54 AM   #23

I meant E, my question is why would you

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
hyperactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:48 AM   #24

The 15 " tires that are standard are load range E's , so what would be the advantage to spend more for the 16" load range E 's ?

Old 07-06-2017, 06:42 AM   #25

Quote:
The 15 " tires that are standard are load range E's , so what would be the advantage to spend more for the 16" load range E 's ?

For me I wanted the Maxxis tires and the 16" tires- wanted one of the best ST tires available and the extra height and the coach still rides 1.5"high. Looking to lower shackle bolts next, hopefully to be closer to level.
Archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #26

Quote:

The main reason folks opt for the 16” wheels is to raise the FW. Raising the FW will allow the FW hitch to be lowered resulting in a less “nose” high towing condition. People will also move the shackle attachment to the bottom hole of the shackle resulting in raising the FW for the same purpose. Others will relocate the axle(s) from over the springs to under the springs to raise the FW.

The reason for all these options is to allow for adjustments in the FW hitch and the FW pin box. The more level your FW results in less wear and tear on the rear tires/axle and giving better weight distribution across both axles.

The actual problem that results in a nose high condition is the newer trucks. For whatever reason, all the manufactures have built their trucks much higher than years past. In my case, I have my FW hitch at its lowest point, the axles are on the bottom of the springs from the factory, and 15” wheels on FW and I am nose high. There is a 4” difference front to back. My truck came with 20” wheels that I am certain are one of the reasons I am quite nose high.

One more thing … while trying to make the FW level, you still need to maintain 5” – 6” minimum height above the truck bed rails.
2019 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax - SRW - 4WD - CC - LTZ - 8' Bed
Reese M5 20K
triplebvalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:12 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplebvalp View Post
The main reason folks opt for the 16” wheels is to raise the FW. Raising the FW will allow the FW hitch to be lowered resulting in a less “nose” high towing condition. People will also move the shackle attachment to the bottom hole of the shackle resulting in raising the FW for the same purpose. Others will relocate the axle(s) from over the springs to under the springs to raise the FW.

The reason for all these options is to allow for adjustments in the FW hitch and the FW pin box. The more level your FW results in less wear and tear on the rear tires/axle and giving better weight distribution across both axles.

The actual problem that results in a nose high condition is the newer trucks. For whatever reason, all the manufactures have built their trucks much higher than years past. In my case, I have my FW hitch at its lowest point, the axles are on the bottom of the springs from the factory, and 15” wheels on FW and I am nose high. There is a 4” difference front to back. My truck came with 20” wheels that I am certain are one of the reasons I am quite nose high.

One more thing … while trying to make the FW level, you still need to maintain 5” – 6” minimum height above the truck bed rails.
Thanks ,this makes sense to me