Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #1

B & W Sliding Hitch???

Recently someone posted a response that said that B&W had a new sliding hitch. I can't find any mention of that on their website. I am a newbie trying to figure out if the B&W Companion Hitch will work in my 2004 Ram short bed (6ft.) Quad cab. I will probably buy a Jayflight BH or Designer under 30ft. Anyone know about a B&W slider or if just the Companion would work OK? Thanks
roughcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #2

Not 100% sure of this. I was talking to a B&W rep at a show recently and think he mentioned having a slider in the near future.
Farmer Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #3

Tweetys should have the companion slider by the middle of next month, if not sooner.
admin_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughcut View Post
Recently someone posted a response that said that B&W had a new sliding hitch. I can't find any mention of that on their website. I am a newbie trying to figure out if the B&W Companion Hitch will work in my 2004 Ram short bed (6ft.) Quad cab. I will probably buy a Jayflight BH or Designer under 30ft. Anyone know about a B&W slider or if just the Companion would work OK? Thanks
Have a short bed, crew cab 2012 F250 Ford using the B&W Companion solid (not a slider) hitch with a Jayco Pinnacle 31RLTS. Works just fine.
CookieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #5

At the Houston RV show earlier this month I stopped by the B&W booth to look over their hitches and they had a Companion OEM Slider on display. The lady in the booth said it was a prototype and would be available "soon".

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #6

Thanks everyone. I called B&W today. They said they do have a slider possibly coming out in March. It is a manual slider though. Didn't have a price yet. Thanks again.
roughcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #7

Roughcut, I am a dealer for B&W, when you need one shoot me a pm and i'll get the ordering info :-)

Quote:
Thanks everyone. I called B&W today. They said they do have a slider possibly coming out in March. It is a manual slider though. Didn't have a price yet. Thanks again.
1985 21' Hi-Lo (Sold)
93 Yamaha G9A

Dirtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #8

You can see a picture of the new slider hitch on the B&W website (http://www.turnoverball.com/blog)Click image for larger version

Name:	companion_slider_prototype_web_size.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	6702. You have to click on "blog" at the bottom of the home page, and then scroll down to the blog about the slider hitch. You'll find the picture there, and a nice write up. They think it will go on sale in March, but don't know for sure what day, nor the price.
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:59 PM   #9

Quote:
I've had a B&W slider for over a year now and it is excellent.
gmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #10

The post is over 3 years old, so there is that.......
Krusegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrev2 View Post
You can see a picture of the new slider hitch on the B&W website (Our Blog | THE B&W ADVANTAGE)Attachment 6702. You have to click on "blog" at the bottom of the home page, and then scroll down to the blog about the slider hitch. You'll find the picture there, and a nice write up. They think it will go on sale in March, but don't know for sure what day, nor the price.
I have the B&W 18K manual slider for my '14 Ram MegaCab. I have yet to use the slider function "in the real world", but have tested it to make sure it works. I have had no problems with it thus far!