Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #1

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Back to the dealer

Have to take the 5er back to the @%#$% dealer tomorrow. While out this last trip I was looking around in the cabinets for a place to mount a central Dirt Devil vacuum and found that our newly installed 1500 watt Samlex inverter had fallen down from where it was mounted.

The "professional" technician who did the work screwed it to the ceiling of the basement under the bathroom, that is only luan and it isn't capable of holding 4 screws supporting that much weight, that idiot should have known better. I should probably just fix it myself but I paid so darn much in labor to these bozos that I'm going to make them fix it right.

While looking around at other areas of the cabinetry I noticed that all the wiring in the area behind the distribution panel was nothing more than a rats nest of wire, no routing or bundling what so ever. Very sloppy work. I have seen wiring in Pinnacles and it is all bundled up and neat. So I guess they don't have the same care and concern for quality workmanship in the SuperLite trailers. Very disappointing.

Steve

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote