Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2017, 03:17 PM   #1

Bathroom Vent on 27.5 RLTS

I am wondering what the brand of my vent fan on the Eagle HT 27.5 that I just brought home. I have never seen one like this before. It has a fan but the lid does not open like i'm used to. You turn a knob and it moves an opening of some sort and it will supposedly blow out or turn it back and it blows down for whatever reason that is.
I had a max air on my old trailer and the lid opened and I had a cover over that to keep out the rain. I'm not sure what this thing is. The dealer told me it was a Fantastic Fan EZbreeze. But when I looked that up it is not what I have.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Barry
2014 F350 SD Lariat, 4X2, Ext.Cab 8'Bed, 6.2Ltr gas, 4:30 Rear ratio
2008 Cedar Creek Fifth Wheel 34TSA, 37' (traded in)
2017 Jayco Eagle HT Fifth Wheel 27.5 RLTS
bogadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:20 PM   #2

I guess I'll have to go out to the RV lot and take a picture of the vent in the bathroom. I'll try to do that tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:31 PM   #3

If you look at a past thread about vent fan being wired bawkward, it will enlightened you. It was my thread about my bathroom vent on my new 2017 Jayco Eagle. I thought it was not working properly but it was. From your description, it sounds like the same fan. The black lever opens and closes the vent. It is not real obvious which is open or close. The open and close position is labeled by molded raised lettering on the white housing. When the vent is closed it blows air back into three bathroom.
tfford53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:50 PM   #4

Hey Bud, I had some trouble with my exhaust vent and I wrote about it. You might want to look it up and read it.
2017 Dodge Ram 2500, Laramie Longhorn, 4x4 Crewcab, 6.4L Hemi, 6' 4" Box, 3.73 Rear End, Dodge Air Bag System, Pullrite 16K, 2700 Hitch

Navy Veterian 🇺🇸 - Retired Nurse 💉
Chrisb-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:39 PM   #5

Hi bogadel
We purchased the same 5th wheel last August and I scratched my head as well trying to figure out the bath fan. I am not sure of the brand but it does work pretty good. I had lit a candle and then blew it out while turning the open/close knob and pushing the red button to turn the fan on and off. The dang thing works!
Old 06-02-2017, 08:52 AM   #6

If it is the same fan that was on our 2016 rlts I felt it was pos. While it blew air for sure it did not last one year. The top does not open like a regular one. It opens up a bit with for lack of a better term a plastic hinge on two sides of the top The plastic hinge which is really nothing more than a crease in the plastic. It split late in the first year in a rain storm. Was using the bathroom and noticed water dripping in. Once it quit I got on the roof to check it out and that is what I found. While it was under warranty I replaced it myself with a regular type fantastic vent fan. It took me about an hour or so. The design of the fan did not seem bad it seemed they used poor quality materials. As I was getting ready to take it out I saw a crack in the top, it wasn't cracked all the way through and was not the source of the leak as the hinge area was the source of the leak as they were just flat broken and one side was completely missing, however as I was pushing on it with my finger to see if the crack was all the way through my finger went right through the top as in a round hole not like it split the crack open. It was very thin plastic as well. Very poor UV protection in the plastic. Assuming that was the issue with the "hinges as well. If you were to look on the here you will see quite a few threads about those fans leaking. Jayco seemed to be stepping up to replace but was replaced with the same though some did get auth to pay the difference for a different fan. I didn't bother with warranty as our dealer takes weeks to get in and and then weeks to get parts. My past experience with them was not worth the trouble to haul it up there a couple times and it is 50 miles away so I just did it myself.
barryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:25 PM   #7

I had the same problem with my exhaust vent and replaced it and put a secondary Camco cover on. I wrote about my problem as well, check it out.
Happy Camping!!
2017 Dodge Ram 2500, Laramie Longhorn, 4x4 Crewcab, 6.4L Hemi, 6' 4" Box, 3.73 Rear End, Dodge Air Bag System, Pullrite 16K, 2700 Hitch

Navy Veterian 🇺🇸 - Retired Nurse 💉
Chrisb-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraftonGuns View Post
Hi bogadel
We purchased the same 5th wheel last August and I scratched my head as well trying to figure out the bath fan. I am not sure of the brand but it does work pretty good. I had lit a candle and then blew it out while turning the open/close knob and pushing the red button to turn the fan on and off. The dang thing works!
I did a search on google and I think I found the brand name of the vent I have in the bathroom of my 27.5 RLTS. It looks to be the 12-volt EZ-Breeze Vent Fan, lists for $72.10 at CW. Personally I don't think it's worth $7.21. It definitely is a POS in my book. I want to change it out and put in a MaxAir vent or something similar. What I had on my Cedar Creek was the Max Air and it had a large fan and you could turn it on speed 1 and it was quiet but it still vented the bathroom.
Does anyone who has changed there vent fan out have any pictures of what the opening looks like? Is there any thing that I should be aware of before changing this vent. I know the goop on the roof will have to be scraped off but just wondering about the framing around the opening of this vent.
Any suggestions?
Old 06-06-2017, 09:45 PM   #9

In our 2016 27.5rlts I put in a fantastic fan as a replacement and it was no problem. I am under the impression that the hole/framing is standard size. It slipped right in no surprises at all. Hardest part will be getting the old one out well the old sealant off the roof.

Also since you are up there and will have a tube of the proper caulk you might check around everything else up there as I found several very large cracks in the caulk in various other places on the roof. The antenna was the worst area but had two other areas and this on a year old trailer, just sloppy manufacturing.
barryg is offline   Reply With Quote