Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #1

Angry Bedroom AC

on my new 2011 Pennacle the bedroom AC went out !!!! i bought this thing in Nov.. so by anyone's logic sense there's no need for AC during this time of season and the AC just ran for a bit during the dealer's walk down on the unit. ... long story short , these past two days , during the afternoon, it gets warm enough to turn on the AC's for a bit... The surprise was that the Ducted Bedroom AC is not Blowing cold air !!! it kicks on but it does not blow cold air. At first i thought the cold air was zipping into the ac unit condenser make it freeze so i decide to seal the spot that seem to be causing the problem... Well, it DID NOT WORK.. It seems the compressor is not kicking in . Another weird problem is that if i shut down the AC and try to turn it back on it won't come on. It doesn't even make that "click" sound when ever the thermostat bar is moved to either direction- meaning that the thermostat is actually sending the signal to the Ac unit to turn on. I went up in the roof and it seems the actual freon carrier(container) is just cool to the touch but not Icy Cold... Any suggestion out there ... You would think to expect some quality when these RV's run as high as 54k -75k
Old 02-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #2

It is obviously still under warranty. I would let the dealer fight this battle. It could be something very simple also.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #3

I would call the dealer or even Jayco as its under warrenty.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #4

I called in yesterday ... Jayco did give an approval yesterday; they're going to pay only labor and replacement part/s cost if any, I have to pay for service call since the tech came to the RV Park ..... Just got news form the service guy that the compressor is out !!!! will be waiting for Jayco's responds... see if they replace the whole unit ! well thats what would i expect! this AC has not been used at all !!! will see...Hope everything goes good . My last RV Manufacture (Forest River) was just the WORST!!! I had several issues with does guys !! Hope Jayco is not the same so far so good ..i have to accept that they did provide the go for the tech to come!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #5

If I were you, I would insist on a replacement of the entire unit. Those are sealed units and once they tap the line you will always have a potential leak possibility. It would be much faster to replace it than fix it as well.
Myles6543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #6

Wow. That sucks. We've always gone to a dealer and haven't used a service tech. I know with going to a dealer, any issues we had were photo documented and replaced no questions asked. Is your's a permanent site? It may be worth it to pay the $$ to go to a reputable dealership to have it done correctly and completely. Man, such warranty issue's seem so unfair; why couldn't they do it right the first time... proverbial luck of the draw
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #7

I agree that you should insist on the replacement of the entire unit. Replacement of just the compressor is not a good deal for you, due to the leak concerns expressed above. You paid for a new working AC, and that is what they should give you, a new (not repaired) working AC.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #8

I agree, new just like you paid for.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote