Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2015, 08:03 PM   #1

Bedroom Slide Malfunction

We've had the new fifth wheel for less than 90 days. This past weekend we were 250 miles from home, celebrating our youngest daughter's birthday. On Sunday when we were ready to leave for home, the bedroom slideout wouldn't retract. One side stopped working, and would not budge. It being a Sunday, we had to call and pay out of pocket for an emergency repair call. We wound up having to remove some trim to get to the motor that was not working, unbolt the motor from the rv, thereby releasing it from the slideout room, and physically push the slide out back into the bedroom so we could travel home.

I took it yesterday, (Monday May 4) to the dealer, who fixed it today. It seems the dual motors on the bedroom slides are connected by a wire that plugs into a junction line, similar to a usb port on a computer. That line had been left exposed and got caught by the sliding bed, casing it to become unplugged. All that needed to be done to it was reset that plug.

The dealer told me these dual motor bedroom slides are a new design, and the only trouble they've had is the connecting line being vulnerable to get caught on the bed as it slides in, disconnecting the plug. They taped mine together, so hopefully there won't be any future problems.

Has anyone else had this problem? And I hope my description is enough that if you do, you can locate and rest the plug that I've described.

Needless to say, it was a frustrating, and expensive malfunction. The warranty and road side service will reimburse and pay for the repairs, but not the 180 mile round trip back to the dealer for a problem that could have been prevented if the factory had been more careful about this electrical line that was left vulnerable. We're not exactly happy campers right now!
Old 05-05-2015, 08:08 PM   #2

Yikes

I don't have a bedroom slide, but will remember that if I have a problem with the main slide

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:00 AM   #3

Welcome. Yes I had a wire pull out of my motor as the connection did not give, but the entire motor had to be replaced. The other issue is the sync. Do not bring in or move them out part way always continue the motion and hold the button down for 3 seconds after the cycle has completed. This will keep the sync correct and mostly trouble free for you. If you see that when the slides are coing in or out uneven you have an issue and it should be synced ASAP to avoid issues.

Lastly on the Schwintec double motor systems find your "brains" as there are flashing LED and a code chart that diagnos and tell you exactly what is wrong with the slide. It would have told you that a wire was bad on the system with I believe an eight count flash. Mine did, but I could not find the bad connection.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:04 PM   #4

Go to youtube and look up Schwintech slides. Lots of information on how to deal with Malfunctions.
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:21 PM   #5

Sorry to hear about your problem but thanks for sharing. That is a good one to keep in the memory banks.
charlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:48 PM   #6

We just had this happen and your post saved us from an expensive mobile repair call! Thank you so much for sharing.
abrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:51 AM   #7
Site Team

I had this happen on my single BR slide. I felt like a pro when I found and fixed it!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:52 AM   #8
Site Team

I had this happen on my single BR slide.

I felt like a pro when I found and fixed it!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote