Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #1

Bedroom TV connection

I have a 2006 38 RDQS Designer. I am curious to learn how the bedroom TV is connected to the rooftop antenna. I have a new LED TV which should receive digital signals from the rooftop antenna at the bedroom.

The available connections at the bedroom TV location include a male threaded coaxial and three RCA type female jacks, one white, one red and one yellow.

At the LR TV connection, I have two plates with 4 male threaded coaxial connectors. One of the plates contains the Wingard booster switch plus two connectors labled, TV and Aux/Sat. The other plate has two connectors labled, Bedroom TV and Roof Satellite.

When I connected the TV to the BR coaxial connection I got nothing but static. When I connected the TV to the LR TV connection on the Winegard plate I got several channels of local broadcasters.

The manual provided no usable information. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #2

The RCA jacks won't help the antenna situation but can possibly be used for a cable box, sat receiver or DVD player from the LR location depending on how they are wired.
As for the antenna you probaly have to instal a jumper lead from the antenna feed to the BR connector plate or just put a splitter on the LR feed and put the second lead to the BR marked male coax connector since you know that works. Boost must be on for any real effectiveness of the antenna and move it around about 45-90 deg at a time to see your sweetspot.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #3

The only way I would suggest to know what you are hooking up is to contact Jayco with your model and serial number. Ask them for a schematic of the audio/visual system. This way you will know exactly what you have to hook up.
I contacted them last year and they emailed me the schematic in less than 10 minutes.
Otherwise you are just guessing which cable goes where.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #4

Thanks to both of your for your quick replies. I will be in Middlebury next week and will stop by the customer service center.