Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-04-2017, 06:14 PM   #1

Beginning the upgrade search

Hi to all. We are searching for a bunkhouse 5th wheel. Any input from owners of a rig like the north point 3758bhfs or any jayco trailer for that matter is appreciated. We are looking at montanas and fr(sandpiper). The extra half bath is needed. The common problem with the new quiet ac units with the other brands is the lack of cooling. Is this a problem with the jayco bunkhouse 5ers? Are all the slides on jayco trailers electric? Any info/advice, good or bad would be so helpful.
We will be buying a new 1 ton Srw diesel. I know a drw would be best, but sadly that's not an option.

We currently have a bunkhouse tt.
Cheers,
Ed
Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:54 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and happy trailer hunting.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:56 AM   #3

Welcome. I have had my current rig for 3 complete seasons and love it. The downside is finding a CG that can handle the length and getting into spots that have no clearances around. Tight roads can be an issue and it is a heavy rig with a pin weight close to 3K loaded.

You will need to do your homework prior to booking CG's and I am finding it even more advance than ever before with the growth.

All slides are electric and 4 are Schwintec. As long as you follow the protocol of holding the button down after finalizing the movement and do an immediate sync should you stop mid way, they are fine.

A lot has changed since I bought mine including ownership of Jayco. They still make a solid unit IMHO.

Good luck in your search.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:51 PM   #4

Thanks for the info. We don't often do state parks due to lack of hook ups.
I will watch the pin weight for sure with the SRW.

Ed
Old 01-06-2017, 05:03 AM   #5

If you're sticking with a SRW, be sure to check out the Open Range 3X 427BHS. Still the same size, but made to be lighter. Good quality materials as well. And they're a Jayco subsidiary.
jnamadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnamadison View Post
If you're sticking with a SRW, be sure to check out the Open Range 3X 427BHS. Still the same size, but made to be lighter. Good quality materials as well. And they're a Jayco subsidiary.
Totally forgot about that brand. I ran in one at the Hershey show. They didn't have the 427bhs or I missed it. Showed the ceo (DW) a video of the open range and she really liked it at least as much as the jayco north point. I'm not familiar with the open range brand. They look nice and the weight is about the same as the north point bunk house.

Thanks for the info, we are always amazed at how helpful campers or as my brother would say(glampers) are.
Cheers,
Ed