Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-27-2016, 06:57 AM   #11
Every brand is going to have a unit that fails eventually. Agree to just go with whatever brand you feel has been best to you over the years and I would stay away from some of the real off brands.

A key to keeping any of these TV's going is to have an inline surge protector. If you do not have an EMS on your unit then you will most likely suffer a failed unit due to the inconsistent supply of electric in CG's. Low voltage is just as bad if not worse on sensitive electronics and our units are loaded with them.

My LED's are all wall mounted and have survived thus far, but I think the protection from supply plays a huge roll.

I've had my EMS go off several times and the most is for low voltage.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:18 AM   #12
Site Team
Aother caution is when powered by a generator, make sure it is a sine wave inverted model.
The old type can cause damage to sensitive electronics.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:21 AM   #13
Cheap is the way to go. Visio is nice/cheap. If it's a voltage thing that is burning/killing all these tv's, has anyone tried to use a new power supply? My fathers house was hit by lightening, killed the tv, two garage door openers, the furnace and some other things. I bought a new power supply for the tv on eBay and it still works to this day...
Levinehikeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:06 PM   #14
I would stick with either the 2 Koreans, LG and Samsung in the smaller sizes because I believe that they still make their small sets unlike most other manufacturers that have a bunch of Chinese crap in them. Larger sets you can add Sony, and Philips to the list. Unfortunately some good TV manufacturers have gone by the wayside like Toshiba, Panasonic, Sharp exiting the US, and Hitachi hasn't been Hitachi in many years. Been in this business almost 30yrs and my repair days have sure changed the last few years. Not worth fixing anything under 40" these days and if not a minor problem, not even up to 50". Vizio is a brand that has exploded on the scene the last 8 or so years, but because of their warranties and product support (parts availability), I would steer clear. Someone said earlier to steer away from the common brands used in RV's, that is very good advice. A lot of those brands are only found in the RV industry, more Chinese junk. The only commonly used TV's in RV's that I have ever taken apart that have things in them that regular brands don't are the Jensens. I don't think that they are very good TV's, still a lot of Chinese crap in them, but they seem to beef up mounting support internally. Also I would consider what brand has good support after the sale in the market that you are in the majority of the time. As far as electronics and surge protection, the best device to put sensitive electronics on is an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS). A UPS provides great surge protection, usually line conditioning, and battery backup in case of power loss. For anyone using generators, a UPS is a very wise investment.
2012 36REQS Pinnacle w/ Reese GooseBox
Stays at Lakehills, TX on Medina Lake most of the year!!
Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually
gaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:50 PM   #15
First upgrade was to ditch the Jensen. Same sized Samsung Smart TV was $200.00 at Best Buy. Can watch movies, stream videos and a bunch of other things. TV speakers sound better that the interior speakers.

2015 White Hawk 20MRB
2011 F150 Non EcoBoost (5.0)
Andersen Hitch
Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:51 PM   #16
Think about getting an extended warranty, could save ya some money down the road.

Retired and loving it.
Got a new 2014 Grayhawk 31DS
Hoping to get away from the IL winters
MadDad is offline   Reply With Quote