Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-05-2015, 07:27 AM   #11
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
It won't make it to the roof. Don't ask how I know that! Just do not get distracted and set a timer if you plan on walking around doing other stuff for no more than 5 minutes on an empty tank.
Heard enough stories about "incidents" when people got distracted while rinsing the tank. Now I set the timer on my Timex Ironman (with a 2 minute cushion, and yes, I've timed the water flow), and I try not to leave that side of the trailer. Happy to report after more than 2 years, no "exciting" incidents to report while rinsing the tank so far.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:16 AM   #12
The first thing I do is open the Black Tank to drain. Then open the Grey tank to flush out the dump hose. Then I close Grey tank. Hook up your garden hose to the tank flush located on the outside of the trailer, location depends on Model. Turn on the hose. There are little sprayers in the Black tank that allow water to shoot all over the inside of the Black tank, sort of like rinsing out a coffee cup. With the tank flush going I then close the Black tank valve for about 1-2 minutes then open it again. this gives the extra rinse cycle to make sure your getting it all out. Then I close the Black Tank one last time for about 30 seconds so I get about 3-4 gallons of water in the tank. Then I turn off the tank flush and add chemicals to the toilet. All done and you have water in the Tank so it doesn't dry out. It sure beats dumping 5 gallon pails of water thru the toilet.
This is how I use my Black Tank flush and it seems to work for me.

Jeep820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:32 PM   #13
Thanks everyone! I think I've got it now, knock on wood!

Rgrigutis is offline   Reply With Quote