Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #1

Black tank rinse stopped working!

Hello folks!
I'm here camping in Myrtle Beach with my brand new 2015 27.5rlts. It's our 3rd trip in the new trailer. As I was dumping the black tank, I noticed that no water was flowing through the rinse nozzles. I have a dedicated hose just for that. It's worked fine in the past. I even tried to blow some air through it. No luck. It's under warranty so I guess I'll let the dealer fix it. Any suggestions?
jfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:09 AM   #2

May be just clogged jets, which, happens easily if not used at each dump.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #3

Maybe check the atmospheric vacuum breaker. I have a 26BH, my black tank rinse enters the trailer underneath my bathroom sink, and then passed through a plastic vacuum breaker before dropping down through the floor to enter the black tank. When the breaker failed it turned into an under sink sprinkler and flooded the area under the sink. Easy swap, but still an unexpected failure on a unit just over the 2 year warranty period.

Reference picture of similar breaker here.

I have read that some remove, and some replace, I replaced with a brass hose fitting check valve and threaded adapters on each side to get back to the PEX, then crimped back on the PEX.
jrdpttrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:32 PM   #4

Hopefully no one removes the vacuum breaker (back flow prevention device) on their black water tank rinse. Also you should not leave a hose connected to the black water rinse. Low water pressure in public water supply can result in the contents of your black water tank being sucked back into the campground water pipes. That black water will eventually end up in everyone elses drinking water systems as well as your own.
Popcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:22 PM   #5

I took a double "Y" hose valve and screwed the hose to the single female side, screwed one of the male sides to the city hook up, made a very short hose from my damaged fresh water hose, and screwed the female to the "y" and the short hose to the black water sprinkler. When I drain my black water, I turn off the ball valve on the fresh water "Y" side, then open the ball valve on the sprinkler side, very easy and never had a problem. My Pinnacle is a 2012, so it sounds like the new ones do it totally different.
gaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfire View Post
Hello folks!
I'm here camping in Myrtle Beach with my brand new 2015 27.5rlts. It's our 3rd trip in the new trailer. As I was dumping the black tank, I noticed that no water was flowing through the rinse nozzles. I have a dedicated hose just for that. It's worked fine in the past. I even tried to blow some air through it. No luck. It's under warranty so I guess I'll let the dealer fix it. Any suggestions?
It sounds like a bad back-flow preventer (anti-siphon valve). All manufacturers us the cheapest one made and they usually don't last very long. It takes about 5 minutes to replace (at least that's what my dealer charged Jayco when they replaced mine).
If however, you are saying that there is no water coming out of the drain hose (my mistake if I read this wrong), then you have a clog at the drain valve and need more water in the tank to push it through.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:41 AM   #7

Are you sure you hooked up to the tank rinse inlet? My city water and tank rinse connections are only about a foot apart. I hooked up to the wrong one once and couldn't figure out why I was getting no rinsing also - until I discovered my mistake. Then, I had to sanitize the whole system before camping the next time, since I had non-potable water pressurizing the fresh water system.

I make sure to read those labels now!

Scoutr2 (Mike)
2015 Jay Flight 32RLDS Elite
2012 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ (6.6L Duramax/Allison)
Equalizer Hitch (1200# bars)
Scoutr2 is offline   Reply With Quote