Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #1

Cool Bouncy fifth wheel

There are several products on the market to stabilize Fifth wheel campers. These products stop the back and forth and side to side movement. But they do not stop the "bounce". I purchased two scissors jacks and mounted one of them on the frame in front of the wheels on each side. After I get set up and my camper is level front to back and side to side, I then lower the two scissors jacks and snug them up tightly. I found that this eliminates about 95% of the bounce. I have an Eagle Premier 321 RLTS. I also used this system on my Pinnacle that was 40 feet long. Once again, almost all the bounce was eliminated.

Just passing this along to everyone. I'm sure that many of you have figured this out already, butfor those of you who have not, You might try this.

Happy "bounce free" camping!

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #2

There are several products on the market to stabilize Fifth wheel campers. These products stop the back and forth and side to side movement. But they do not stop the "bounce". I purchased two scissors jacks and mounted one of them on the frame in front of the wheels on each side. After I get set up and my camper is level front to back and side to side, I then lower the two scissors jacks and snug them up tightly. I found that this eliminates about 95% of the bounce. I have an Eagle Premier 321 RLTS. I also used this system on my Pinnacle that was 40 feet long. Once again, almost all the bounce was eliminated.

Just passing this along to everyone. I'm sure that many of you have figured this out already, butfor those of you who have not, You might try this.

Happy "bounce free" camping![/QUOTE]

Did the same mod 2 years ago and it does make a considerable difference. I also did the JT Strongarms on the landing gear which also takes the wiggle out. There's pics under 365 BHS mods in the mods section if anyone is interested in seeing pictures for reference.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...bhs-Mods/page2

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:31 PM   #3

Since we fulltime and move every two to three weeks I installed the Reico Titan Leveling System on our Pinnacle.
Sure makes setup much easier and faster.
Also since now I have six points of contact and with the Reico Titan system after leveling the 5er, I hit the button "All Up' on the remote and get the weight off the wheels and springs, ours is rock solid.
I replaced the front landing gear with the new Reico Titan legs, each leg has a motor and is much faster than the factory system.
The second Reico Titan landing legs are installed just behind the rear wheels with a 2 degree angle for stability.
Also I still have the factory stabilizing legs at the rear for additional stability and the Plug it Right stabilizer's on the front landing legs.
Even with the Washer / Dryer running we are very solid.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote