Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #11
Blind is up all is good again!!! No more sheet in the window neighbors are not laughing at the New Jayco anymore!!! Thanks for all the Great Input this is a Great Site for all Jayco Owners, not only for the support but for all the super Idea's

skypilot7103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #12
You are welcome skypilot, glad you are back up and running.

2010 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 31.5 FBHS
08 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax /CC/SB/4x4
glazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #13
Wife raised blind this morning and cord pulled through back to broken shade. Does anyone know the model of shade we have in Jayco's? I look on you tube and all I see are the shades with a cord on one side. I am going to fix this thing myself. Called dealer and they did not know who made shades for Jayco. Who ever fixed this thing did not secure the cord in the bottom of the one side and it pulled through after three workings. I guess you can not expect things to work forever ha! ha!
Will keep all posted as to blind saga.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #14

Contact United Shade located in Elkhart, IN. They are the leaders in production of the Day & Night shades. I utilized their services to re-string a shade three years ago. Very reasonable price and they "may" still offer the service. Just search for United Shade in the internet for Elkhart, IN

In all likelihood, Jayco probably uses their shades.
001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:37 AM   #15
Finally received new shade from Jayco, took old shade down and restrung myself. Sure enough dealer strung shade with out crossing string at bottom rail and added another spring. Had no idea how to string shade correctly. All is well, contacted United Shade and they sent how to guide over email.
Thanks for all the response.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
I have one that just broke the string(less than a year old). Found the string travelling thru holes with sharp edges. One hole out of 4 had a gromment. Will add gromments to other holes and repair myself.
2007 Jayflight 25RKS- SOLD
2011 Jayflight G2 31 RKS with aluminum wheels- SOLD
2004 Silverado 5.3L with Hypertech and Borla exhaust-SOLD
2011 Silverado LTZ 6.2L Max Tow Package
scalemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:04 PM   #17
Day/night shade problems

My husband and I restrung 3 of these in our previous rig. You can now buy the kit with instructions at most RV stores. We downloaded the instructions on the computers. Go to Picasoday/nightshades. Not sure exactly what the url is, (spaces and commas, but you should be able to get there). Good luck, we managed to stay married fixing these!!! Ha! Ha! Judy

scrappy is offline   Reply With Quote