Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #1

Cable TV Problem

I own a Jayco 365 BHS and this is our maiden voyage with this new unit. I am having a cable TV problem. We are at a campsite and the signal is good up to our unit however picture on all TV's is grainy and not clear> All TV's are programed for cable. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Trynforpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #2

When on CABLE make sure the black push button on the antenna panel is OFF (no light on). This is only ON when using the OTA BATWING antenna on the roof.

Perhaps this is ON and killing your cable signal somewhat. You also must be in CABLE MODE on the TV menu settings (Not ANTENNA) and scan in the camp ground cable TV signals... Sometimes it is the camp ground. For a quick check to make sure it isn't you inside cables etc just run the RG cable in thru your door and connect directly to your TV SET bypassing everything inthe trailer. Might give you a clue as to what is happening.. If it is a bad picture hooking up directly to the pedstal CABLE connections not much you can do unless the RG extension cable you are using is bad

Hope this helps...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #3

Cable Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBraddy View Post
When on CABLE make sure the black push button on the antenna panel is OFF (no light on). This is only ON when using the OTA BATWING antenna on the roof.

Perhaps this is ON and killing your cable signal somewhat. You also must be in CABLE MODE on the TV menu settings (Not ANTENNA) and scan in the camp ground cable TV signals... Sometimes it is the camp ground. For a quick check to make sure it isn't you inside cables etc just run the RG cable in thru your door and connect directly to your TV SET bypassing everything inthe trailer. Might give you a clue as to what is happening.. If it is a bad picture hooking up directly to the pedstal CABLE connections not much you can do unless the RG extension cable you are using is bad

Hope this helps...

Roy Ken
Thanks for the response. I actually saw a light on in the cabinet and never thought it had anything to do with the cable. Thanks again.
Trynforpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #4

Like RoyBrady said. I have found that 2 different things happen with cable and campgrounds. First, it may be your cable coming from the box to your TT. They don't seem to last 2 long exposed to the weather. Second, it may be the cg cable box. Also exposed to the weather. If a new cable doesn't work, contact the cg to have them check their box. Also, re-scan everytime you go. Doesn't take long and if they added or deleted any channels, it will take care of that. LCD and LED tv's don't have the greatest picture without an HD signal. When I scan, I always mark the local HD stations as favorites, because their picture is so much better than the others. If the cg has cable, you will always get a few HD stations. I get 5 or 6 where I stay.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #5

All it takes is a loose connection some where to cause problems. I would pull all the face plates and check the connection on the back to be sure they are tight.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #6

I have a 2013 Jayco. On my faceplate there are two Jacks. To receive either Cable or over the air signals the jacks are connected with a short jumper cable. IF you want to use Dish services you remove the short jumper cable.
bad99ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #7

We had poor picture when using park cable, got a booster from Radio Shack and put on the antenna signal, problem solved, now the cable signal picture is clear.
We now have Dish Satellite that we use too, but if we want local weather we just switch to the cable feed then back to the satellite.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote