Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2016, 11:29 AM   #1

Can't seem to get the auto level to acknowledge success.

The few times I've tried so far it always tells me auto level failed. However, the fiver does appear to be level and feels level. There's really not much you can do wrong with this so I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've got some leveling blocks under all 4 so they travel out nearly the same distance. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StarGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #2

Having similar issues with our new North Point. In addition, the stabilizers won't lower if using the auto level.
daburck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #3

Does it give you a specific error like out of stroke?
estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:38 AM   #4

If you have the Ground Control 3.0 System, you may need to reset zero.
Attached Thumbnails
Zeropoint.jpg  
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #5

I'm assuming I do as the DVD that came in my owner packet is for the 3.0. Anyway I can verify that by looking at the controller itself?

If it is the 3.0 then I will have to try this. Thanks!

Old 06-06-2016, 12:30 PM   #6

I get no out of stroke errors at all. It just simply says auto level unsuccessful with no reason or code as to why.

Old 06-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #7

One suggestion I have, before you do any troubleshooting, is to locate your main box that the auto leveling controller plugs into. And, check and make sure it's fully secured on all sides. When we looked at ours, the box was being held by two loose screws. And, the box was hanging cockeyed. I remounted the box with four screws and then, redo the zero calibration. That seemed to have fixed most of the errors. I also found a quick way to resync all the legs, and this has worked well when I get error messages:

1. Make sure you connect your rig to your TV.
2. Raised all the stabilizer jacks (manually if you can) until they are completely raised.
3. Manually lower each leg and stop at 6-inches. (We used a ruler!)
4. Once all the legs are exposed/lowered to 6 inches, press and hold the 'RETRACT' button. At this time, all the legs should start retracting.
5. Continue to press and hold the 'Retract' button until all jacks have been retracted.
6. Now, look at your main controller panel. It should say 'All Jacks Up.' This means your system has been reset and you should not see any error messages.

Hope this helps!

Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer View Post
The few times I've tried so far it always tells me auto level failed. However, the fiver does appear to be level and feels level. There's really not much you can do wrong with this so I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've got some leveling blocks under all 4 so they travel out nearly the same distance. Any suggestions?

Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tularockstar View Post
One suggestion I have, before you do any troubleshooting, is to locate your main box that the auto leveling controller plugs into. And, check and make sure it's fully secured on all sides. When we looked at ours, the box was being held by two loose screws. And, the box was hanging cockeyed. I remounted the box with four screws and then, redo the zero calibration. That seemed to have fixed most of the errors. I also found a quick way to resync all the legs, and this has worked well when I get error messages:

1. Make sure you connect your rig to your TV.
2. Raised all the stabilizer jacks (manually if you can) until they are completely raised.
3. Manually lower each leg and stop at 6-inches. (We used a ruler!)
4. Once all the legs are exposed/lowered to 6 inches, press and hold the 'RETRACT' button. At this time, all the legs should start retracting.
5. Continue to press and hold the 'Retract' button until all jacks have been retracted.
6. Now, look at your main controller panel. It should say 'All Jacks Up.' This means your system has been reset and you should not see any error messages.

Hope this helps!

Keith

Not only the main box, but there is a rear one. Mine was never fastened to the frame and always gave me the error message whenever I moved the camper after calibrating. After I found it and fastened it to the frame, SUCCESS every time!!!
Old 06-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGazer View Post

You can read about mine here

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...lly-34642.html
Old 06-06-2016, 05:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExChief View Post

Wow that's a bit nutty! Guess I'm going to have to have a real good look around.