Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2015, 09:24 AM   #1

Ceiling lights

I have a Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS and would like to know if anyone has ever pulled the flush ceiling light fixture out and how it comes out . What I am trying to do is in the bathroom I would like to add a light to the cabinet that has the mirror and one of the ceiling lights is close enough that I could tap into it for 12v . The existing lights throws a shadow on your face and a light on the mirror would correct this . Just don't want to wreck the light trying to figure it out .
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:48 AM   #2

I made it simple n installed a battery LED light from H-Depot n it works great. That was about three yr ago so the battery goes a long way.
Touch N Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:13 PM   #3

The recessed ceiling light fixtures are "snap in". Remove the frosted glass lens by twisting it so you don't chip or break it. Then, use a screwdriver slipped between the flange of the fixture and the ceiling and start gently prying the fixture out of the hole. Work your way around it until it comes out. Be careful because it's held in by two pretty strong springs which will snap your fingers when the fixture is just clearing the hole. If you leave the frosted lens in place during this procedure the springs can chip the edge(s) of the lens when they snap loose (don't ask how I know this).
glilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:03 PM   #4

Thanks glilja ! That should make it a lot easier .
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:33 PM   #5

Poor bulb connection in ceiling lights

I have the standard Jayco ceiling light fixtures with frosted glass covers. I have a problem with some of the fixtures an the bulb connection. The fixture goes dark. I remove the glass cover, wiggle the bulb to remove it, and the bulb lights up again. Stays lit for a while. Then I have to repeat the procedure. This does not happen with all my fixtures. Only a few. Any idea what causes this? I guess I could try a new bulb to see if that helps.

2013 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
2002 Honda Accord towed, ACME tow dolly
Northwest Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Bob View Post
I have the standard Jayco ceiling light fixtures with frosted glass covers. I have a problem with some of the fixtures an the bulb connection. The fixture goes dark. I remove the glass cover, wiggle the bulb to remove it, and the bulb lights up again. Stays lit for a while. Then I have to repeat the procedure. This does not happen with all my fixtures. Only a few. Any idea what causes this? I guess I could try a new bulb to see if that helps.
I would start with New bulbs as that sounds like the most likely culprit. If that doesn't solve the issue, you may have some lose wiring above or connecting to the fixtures.
Jm9301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:49 PM   #7

Clayton, we have considered the same mod to brighten the mirror area. Pls post pics and progress if you pursue this project.

2015 Jayco Pinnacle FLSA & 2008 Chevy Duramax

Anxiously awaiting retirement where I have been told everyday is a Saturday