Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2016, 12:33 PM   #51
Originally Posted by DrtEmaxChvy View Post
Get a Prius. They pull great

In the spirit of this thread, the ?? is do you need 4 prius or 6 prius [hooked up in stagecoach fashion] to handle what ever you might want to tow with your next RV. The 4 prius set up will limit you on payload but to do a 5'er you need a Tacoma behind the line up of prius's.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:35 PM   #52
Site Team
What is the plural of Prius?

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #53
Originally Posted by NC Hauler View Post
As far as getting around in rural areas in a long bed crew cab dually, I spend almost all my camping in those type areas in the mountains of SC, NC, TN, VA and WV, so your analysis isn't completely correct or accurate. "
I believe you miss read my post, rural is not the issue. Farm/ranch areas are used to the large trucks, a way of life. Visited a sick brother in Milwaukee years ago and finding extended cab parking was harder, the parking "stalls" are too short. Same with airports, the larger vehicles take more room and they don't allow the extra space. City life, cram as much into as little space as possible ...., why two stalls when we can make 3 for smaller rigs. Rodger has no truck experience and was exploring the possibility of going that way.

My original statement find the 5W you like and size the truck to it, bottom line. Good luck with your research RodgeS safe travels what ever you do.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 Long Bed Extended Cab Air Bags
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT
2007 Layton 245LF (sold)
196? Shasta 16ft

Learn from others mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Edd505 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:54 PM   #54
Lost in the Woods
Priusesuses is the modern simplified plural form. Rodger has no truck, boat, bus, train, rocket, submarine, or airplane drivers seat experience. I do have car, track motorcycle, scuba diving, international travel, ungrateful children, and two divorce experiences.

Unknown to the relevant parties, (very substantial) family funds that might otherwise be used by my "existing immediate heirs s/d for their future purposes when I am gone or still alive" are now fortunately earmarked for other more personal and immediate purposes, and charity,...and I'm in pretty darn good health as is my much younger fun to be with wife, and my will has been prepared, soooooooooo, father is now in the process of cutting loose all ties that bind except for wife and dog.

I'm more naughty than nice and Santa said that is just ok at this time in my life.

Note: my wife weighs less than 110 pounds, despite being as tall as me, so dually's won't be needed for her.

As in GK's post it is all about the proper size of the stick to beat the "thought" to death.

If you are thinking about un-subscribing, please take an aspirin and continue on.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:11 PM   #55
I have to admit as a 3500HD Extcab owner who routinely packs around a large camper that when it comes to finding a parking space for the rig, i will go to the back of the parking lot and usually wind up in the middle of 4 of the tiny city parking spaces. My rig takes up the vast majority of all 4 as i am nearly 23 ft long and wider than a single space. Some may consider this rude, but I have also seen a smart car parked across 2 spaces. (thats rude), This is why iIchoose to park at the edge of the parking lot. I have never had a complaint from anyone, nor do i really care if I get a complaint. I park where I can fit and that is all I can do. I also tow a TT, and that changes my parking situation. I usually avoid taking the TT to the store tho.
to the OP's original post tho, get what you need for what you plan to tow as safely as possible.
Happy Camping
'07 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD XC LB SRW 4X2.
Powerstop Brakes on all corners.
'15 JayFlight 28BHBE Elite Fibreglass
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:58 PM   #56
We had a 2003 2500HD that we pulled our 321rlts with and never had a problem BUT when we had to replace it in 2012 thanks to a careless driver,I went 3500crew dually and don't see much difference in non loaded ride but sure made a difference towing, won't go back.
2011 321RLTS
2012 Chevy duramax dually
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:07 AM   #57

As long as you are referring to a 3500HD in SRW.....no! The size and dimensions are nearly the same. The only difference I am aware of is the load carrying capacity. Especually, if you are talking about GM products.

2 years ago, we bought a GMC Sierra in the Denali package, 1 ton SRW with the Duramax and Alison tranny. This thing rides like a Cadillac. The diesel and Alison make it a work horse when I need it to and plays nice as a daily driver. When not towing, she gets near 21 mpg at highway speeds.

For me, it was a great choice.
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:31 AM   #58
Lost in the Woods
I have found out that some of my comments have been deleted, so I plan to write much, much less, if at all, in the future. Cheers lads.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:41 PM   #59
Site Team
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post
I have found out that some of my comments have been deleted, so I plan to write much, much less, if at all, in the future. Cheers lads.
Which posts are you referring to in which your comments have been deleted?

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0l, 4.10r

2010 Jayco Jayflight 28BHS
Reese Strait Line with Dual Cam
P3 Brk controller
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #60
Sorry, no recent experience with the 2500 versions/

This is the TV (more in our sig) we chose for pulling our rig;

Reasons are pretty obvious.

It is also MY daily driver and no problems doing the normal things when not hooked up. The ride either hooked up or not is as good as most cars I've driven and certainly better than the wife's Grand Cherokee.

Not sure what the OP is wanting/looking for in a 5th wheel but in our case it was the 3500HD Dually Dura-Max Diesel 6.6/Allison 4X4 Crew Cab long box...no brainer.

Good luck and safe travels when you do get going.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote