Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2017, 06:52 PM   #1

clearence on auto level 38refs pinnacle

Maybe I just worry to much! when I am hooked up to tow, I have approximately 6 " on the back jacks. What would happen if one came in contact with a curb? Go up a not so steep incline ! Find one of those deep holes in a truck stop! No warranty for that. If anyone out there had any problems along these lines ,please let it be known!
philfishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:31 PM   #2

Phil,

Here's another thread on the topic. You aren't the only one who is worried about this. I had the same problem and I drug the rear stabilizers on several occasions...the first time being when we pulled out of the dealership the day we purchased our unit. I knew it would just be a matter of time before something got damaged, so I decided to flip the axles and I'm much more at ease. You can read more about it here...I don't think there is a perfect solution, but I'm happy with the route I took.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...lbh-40242.html

It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish. -St. (Mother) Teresa
Catholic for a reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:19 PM   #3

How much more clearance did you gain flipping the axles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catholic for a reason View Post
Phil,

Here's another thread on the topic. You aren't the only one who is worried about this. I had the same problem and I drug the rear stabilizers on several occasions...the first time being when we pulled out of the dealership the day we purchased our unit. I knew it would just be a matter of time before something got damaged, so I decided to flip the axles and I'm much more at ease. You can read more about it here...I don't think there is a perfect solution, but I'm happy with the route I took.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...lbh-40242.html

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:53 AM   #4

Never mind, sorry I read the full thread you posted. Thanks

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringneks View Post
Never mind, sorry I read the full thread you posted. Thanks
No problem. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfishes View Post
Maybe I just worry to much! when I am hooked up to tow, I have approximately 6 " on the back jacks. What would happen if one came in contact with a curb? Go up a not so steep incline ! Find one of those deep holes in a truck stop! No warranty for that. If anyone out there had any problems along these lines ,please let it be known!
Probably a big crunch, been towing my Eagle 321 around almost two years.Dry camp a lot no issues yet.One thing I do wonder about is a rear tire blow out.I guess for sure it would wipe out the wiring! Happy Trails
Attached Thumbnails
DTOP7.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Probably a big crunch, been towing my Eagle 321 around almost two years.Dry camp a lot no issues yet.One thing I do wonder about is a rear tire blow out.I guess for sure it would wipe out the wiring! Happy Trails
From the picture you posted, it looks like your rear stabilizers are closer to the rear axle than they are on my 377. Glad to hear you haven't had any trouble...I'll bet you won't.

On the 377, just eyeballing it, it looks like the rear stabilizers are at least 7' behind the rear axle. At that distance it doesn't take much for those rear jacks to come into contact with something when you only have 5-6" of clearance to begin with.

On several occasions, just pulling out of a filling station with a rather slight descent out of the driveway onto the street I would drag the rear stabilizers...It was pretty stressful. Hard enough to find a place to fuel up with a 40+ foot rig and to have to worry about that too was just too much for me.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that we won't have to find out what would happen in the event of a blowout.

It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish. -St. (Mother) Teresa