Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2015, 12:38 PM   #1

Considering Designer 37RS

HI All!

We are kinda in the market for a new 5th wheel and from what we see online the Designer 37RS looks pretty good for us. Now we have not seen one in person. Anyway, just wondering if anyone out there has one, and if they would like to comment...likes/dislikes, things they would improve upon, etc.

Are there any problems with Jayco higher end 5th wheels we should be aware of? Do they still use schwintek slide mechanisms? Heard that other manufacturers have had problems with them. Any frame issues? I think Jayco is still using their own design but it is now made by Lippert???

We have been full-timing for the last 6 years and our current 5th wheel has held up well. Just thinking about all the new floorplans, options, etc. that are now available. Sorry for all the questions,
donnandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:59 PM   #2

We just purchased a 2016 North Point 301RETS in July. Absolutely love everything about this camper and it is truly full-time luxury unit compared to our previous 5th wheel unit. Congratulations on looking to upgrade, we did a lot of research and Jayco by far has the best warranty on the market. Our unit has the Lippert system.
North Point 4 Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #3

2009 Designer 37RLQS

We just purchased a 2009 Designer 37RLQS at the end of last season. We moved up from a 30' travel trailer which we have been seasonal for some time. The Designer was a great step up for us with so much room for my wife and I! The kids visit once in awhile but this unit was for us!
I would recommend this unit highly!! It was like a new beginning as we have been seasonals for 20 years and just moved into a brand new site as well! Got away from all the weekend campers... Looking forward to retiring in a few years and spending alot more time with the Jayco!! Good luck if you decide on the Designer!! You won't be disappointed!
rockstar543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:15 AM   #4

I'm very pleased with my Designer after 5+ years full time.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote