Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #11
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
One thing I have found is that the furniture in RVs is not of very high quality. Neither the padding nor the material. My plan is to replace on the 3 year plan.
Ah, that is good to know. Was not aware of that. Thanks!

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:12 AM   #12
To answer your main question about throw covers, I bought 2 for the sofa in my TT. My dog likes to "dig" before laying down, and I wanted to protect the vinyl sofa from scratches. First one was a full cover: The arms of the sofa are so close to the sides of the refrig. and wardrobe in my slide, that I couldn't get the cover over the arms. Second was more of a "throw", designed to cover the cushions, but not the sides. It slides around on the vinyl sofa, and ends up being bunched up at one end or the other. I ended up throwing both away, but they might work better on a cloth sofa. If you have a booth dinette, I would think that sliding in and out would also cause a slip cover to slide around and bunch up - regardless of the fabric. You may want to do a Google or Yellow Pages search for someone in your area that can sew new cushion covers in a fabric you find more appealing.

2013 Eagle 266RKS
2011 Ford F-150 w/3.5L Ecoboost & H.D. Tow Package
Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:31 AM   #13
Thanks Brownie. This is exactly what I was looking for. And kind of what I suspected. Guess I'll just have to suck it up in regards to whatever I get.
Laura, hubby and Lucy (cat)
Still trying to decide what I want/need and can spend hubby's money on
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #14
How are your sewing abilities? My wife follows a camping podcast that always gives her ideas to improve our decor. Here is a link she got from it referencing the pop-up princess, who made her own covers.

Reupholstering Your Camper Cushions - The Pop Up Princess
TravelinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:52 PM   #15
No kidding! our first 5er was "Mauve"...or so I think they called the color. I just figured it was dark pink! Basically it was ugly but that was also back in the late 90's.
The next one had dark brown with green accents...not too bad but the brown showed all the dust. We opted for "Almond" in the new Eagle. It's a nice compromise. Doesn't show dust, is dark enough to hide routine soil and lightens up the interior nicely.
All personal preference I guess.....

Camping Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote