Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #1

Smile Differences between Eagle Premier and Pinnacle

Howdy all,

Does anyone know what the big differences are between the Eagle Premier and the Pinnacle? Both have an REQS (Rear Entertainment, Quad Slide) floor plan. One is slightly longer than the other by 1 to 2 feet, and there is around a 500 pound difference in overall weight, and around 100 pound difference in pin weights (according to the brochures). Both boast the same insulation packages claiming to be 4 season rigs. I toured both at my local Jayco dealer. Fit and finish looked very similar to each other. There was around a $15,000 to $20,000 difference in price.

I did note that the Pinnacle had front and back fiberglass caps while Eagle Premier only had a front fiberglass cap.

Also, the Pinnacles in stock at my local Jayco dealership did NOT have sofas that turned into beds. The ONLY bed was in the bedroom. Some of the Eagle Premiers had sofa beds. The Pinnacle brochure indicates the REQS sleeps 4. CAN you get a Pinnacle with a sofa bed? Is that an option?

Thank you for your time and any input you can give me.

I've starting my search to replace my aging 1995 Designer.
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:04 PM   #2

When my wife and I looked at the two models the biggest difference I saw was floor length windows. We went with the Eagle Premier 361 REQS, it does have a hide way bed in the sofa. One thing to look at is the size of the sofa beds they can be quite short. My brother in law prefers the sofa with the ottoman.
Imnaha.Mansion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #3

One of the biggest differences is that the Premier is a 96" wide VS 102" for the Pinnacle and I think cabinet construction is better in the Pinnacle - real wood VS wrapped with vinyl. The sleeper sofa is something Jayco thought we could do without in favor of a dual recliner sofa and air mattress on the floor - Bad call in my opinion. You can specify a sleeper sofa but as we discovered, it's not as comfortable as it looks for seating.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:37 PM   #4

We found the Pinnacle to be much higher end in the interior finishings. Items such as the fancy ceiling with a chandelier instead of just nice lights. If I was full timing I would opt for the Pinnacle. But for boon docking the Premier is just fine.

The $20k price difference helped us decide as well. Either way you will own a nice unit.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:16 AM   #5

When I bought my Designer in 2010 I was wondering what the differences actually were between it and the same floor plan in the Eagle. I called Jayco and after getting to the right person, which wasn't a major effort, he emailed me an Excel spreadsheet that showed each difference in a side by side list. The list was pretty extensive and included items I would not have thought about.

I would suggest you contact Jayco and see if they will still provide this information. It was a real eye opener for me to see all of the actual differences and it made the extra cost make sense.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eagle premier, pinnacle