Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2014, 11:50 PM   #1

Cool Dinette/Bunk question

Picking up the new Eagle 34.5BHTS next week. Unit has the dinette booth in it. Anyone know how much weight will that dinette support in the sleeping position? Also, does anyone have recommendations where I can find some good replacement twin size 38x74 mattresses for the bunks? Hard to find 74" long.
Thanks for any help.
mallardtuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #2

Those dinettes have been used in many camper styles for years and I don't know that I've ever read about a failure. In ours, 2 adults - say 350# total has never been a problem. Finding replacement mattresses would be tough. Might use them as is before spending money on something that might not be broken. Another option would be a foam mattress topper.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #3

We have the same unit minus the dinette. I believe they are rated for 300#. I would wait and try out the mattresses first. They are all upgraded to Denver and seem pretty comfy, although we have not slept in it yet. Hope this helps and have fun!!
Tgallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:32 PM   #4

Google Truck mattress. Try Ebay. Truck supply.

That's how I found sheets in a more affordable range for bunks.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:37 PM   #5

Thanks for the help. Main concern was the weight rating on the dinette, glad to know should be at least 300#. The mattresses I'm replacing are the cheap bunk mattresses in the rear bunk room, that come with it. They're about 3" thick. The queen mattress and sofa sleeper are good. Also, does anyone know the satellite wiring for this 5er (34.5bhts), just wondering if one cable input will feed all the outlets or if I'm going to have to get creative with the cable/satellite wiring. There are two inputs on the exterior and a total of 5 outputs. Thanks again for the info.
mallardtuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #6

Jayco mattresses typically are much better than their competitions. Personally I would lay in them and take a nap, before making a final decision to replace them. They are a unique size. I would go to a craft store that sells foam for upholstery. Typically they have lots of different thicknesses and densities. Then if you are good with a sewing machine or have a friend that is, just make a slip cover for it.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Jayco mattresses typically are much better than their competitions. Personally I would lay in them and take a nap, before making a final decision to replace them. They are a unique size. I would go to a craft store that sells foam for upholstery. Typically they have lots of different thicknesses and densities. Then if you are good with a sewing machine or have a friend that is, just make a slip cover for it.
The new Denver Mattresses in my 2014 Eagle are much better than the 2011 I sold. The foam is much better and more dense in the bunks. Same for the Queen mattress in the MBR. I would wait and confirm your concerns.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallardtuff View Post
Thanks for the help. Main concern was the weight rating on the dinette, glad to know should be at least 300#. The mattresses I'm replacing are the cheap bunk mattresses in the rear bunk room, that come with it. They're about 3" thick. The queen mattress and sofa sleeper are good. Also, does anyone know the satellite wiring for this 5er (34.5bhts), just wondering if one cable input will feed all the outlets or if I'm going to have to get creative with the cable/satellite wiring. There are two inputs on the exterior and a total of 5 outputs. Thanks again for the info.
I would suggest starting a new thread for the satellite wiring question as a different set of people who are interested in satellite wiring etc. would read it. as to the bunk mattresses you may be able to go to a store that sells foam rubber and make your own. My wife and I had an upholstery shop make new mattresses for an old trailer we had. They were outstanding.
2014 Greyhawk 31FS with a 2007 Tahoe toad
New setup:
2014 Thor Palazzo 33.3 with a 2017 Ford Explorer toad
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #9

We finally had our first little outing. All went great. Trailer towed great and everything worked!! We opted for all three bunks in the rear instead of the dinette. The bottom driver side bunk is wider than the rest which is where we planned for our oldest son or other adults to sleep. Our son is a little over six foot and 230lbs. Teenage big boy. Anyhow. He was not a big fan of the mattress at all. So I tried it for a minute and realized it's just not up to par for adults. Our five year old loved his top bunk. I guess we will be trying to find another mattress or some comfy egg crate material to help. Hop this helps answer your question. If you have more on this model let me know. Overall, I couldn't be happier.
Tgallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #10

Denver Mattress is very comfortable

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote