Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2015, 08:46 AM   #1

Direct TV connections

After several tries, I finally got the second reciever for our pinnacle. I have a D12 in the living room on a 18" round dish and it works fine. I tried to install the new reciever, H24, and can't get the satellite signal. I've changed the settings to the 18" round and multiswitch, but nothing. Does the H24 require the slimline dish? It has the option for selecting the 18" round in the menu. first time this TV has ever been hooked up, so I'm not sure the signal from the satellite is making it to the rear TV. The reciever seems fine, I get the direct logo and the elevation and asmuth is the same, great signal on the D12. Nothing on the H24.
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:40 AM   #2

Are using the Sat input specifically for the bedroom TV directly from the dish?

Also which multi-switch setting are you using? If it is an HD receiver it won't work on the 18" dish.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #3

Using the satellite connection receptable mounted above the electrical receptacle by the tv. Changed the settings in the menu to multiswitch at direct's direction. They tell me the dish isn'the aligned but the d12 is right on.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:52 AM   #4

Grumpy...is there another in for the rear tv? I just have the coax from the dish hooked up where the male is by the water valve controls under one of the front slides.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #5

You have the FLSA right? There is a specific SAT connection for the rear TV where the cable connection is.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:07 AM   #6

That's the problem . Where is it?
Old 10-03-2015, 10:12 AM   #7

'16 flsa
Old 10-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #8

Hopefully the SAT ANT CONNECTIOn is providing the required DC VOLTAGE to control the SAT DISH... Has to be a direct connection for me to use my older one... Can't go through one of those multi port units which blocks the DC VOLTAGE...

All the times I used this setup with one two head SAT DISH and two SAT RCVRS all I did was run two RG cables into the RV with one going to the living room area and one going to the bedroom area. Then I had to use two SAT RCVRS.

Then I would always use the VIDEO OUTPUT of the SAt RCVR to go to one of the selecteable VIDEO INPUTs on the HDTV set.

This way I could use the REMOTE to select SAt TV or CABLE/OTA TV using the remote...

When all the more modern units stareted coming supporting SAt Tv i quit using my house unit along with our trips...

We get all of our HDTV fill from picking up the OTA HDTV Digitals TV signals now from the local towns using the crank up OTA BATWING antenna...

It is all high quality HIGH DEF digital TV now coming from the local towns...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin and Beth View Post
That's the problem . Where is it?
Mines right above the power reel.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:23 AM   #10

Nothing there but the clip to hold the door for the power reel. Grumpy, you have two ins from the dish?
Old 10-03-2015, 10:26 AM   #11

Should have said to the right of the power reel. There should be two round covers, one for cable and the other for the rear TV sat.

Sorry!

Typing before reading. The dish I use has two outputs, which I then connect to a 4 receiver multi-switch. So in theory I can run 4 receivers at one time.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #12

Talked to one of the tech guys at the local jayco dealer. He tells me this coach was never prepped for the second tv. They are wired for a dual reciever, hence the single fitting for the dish. Not sure I buy that.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:39 PM   #13

I think you have a compatibility problem. The D12 is a SD receiver and will work perfectly fine with the 18" round dish setting. The H24 is a HD receiver that comes standard set up for SWM use. The good news is that the H24 is backwards compatible with SD by going into the settings on the box. Once the settings are adjusted, it should work just fine with the 18" round dish setting.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:43 PM   #14

When i,select the 18" round and the multiswitch, the 24 doesn't accept it. Tried it on the front tv where the d12 worms and no dice. There is a direct guy here I know but haven'the got in touch yet.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:50 PM   #15

Here's the pic from JAYCO's web site, if you look close to the right of the cord reel switch you will see the two coax covers. One is the cable connection and the other is for the rear TV sat, which has a seperate male connector under the TV inside as well.

Unless the made "MAJOR" changes in the wiring.

[/URL][/IMG]
Old 10-03-2015, 04:48 PM   #16

Try this sequence in order:

Power down receiver.
Attach 18" dish.
Power up unit.
Get 775 error message.
Go into Sat setup.
Set to Multi switch.
Set to 18" Oval.
Continue.

The important step is to set to Multi-switch before setting the dish.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:53 PM   #17

Got with my satellite guy. Can'the run 2 reciever off the same coax coming from the dish. Problem with authentication with direct possibly. Got to find the rear tv in and run a separate coax from the lmb. It is a dual so I have the second fitting. Problem is finding the second in fitting grumpy is talking about. If I can find it he'said gonna bring a phase 3 dish if needed to get the h24 going. Hopefully it won't come to that.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:48 AM   #18

Picked up another roll of coax and 4 an straight from the lmb to the bedroom reciever. Came right on. So.....i'm looking for the rear tv input fitting that has been you the right of the power cord switch but not on this 9ne. Did jayco change the location of this fitting or is it possible they left it off? Anyone with a '16 flsa where is the rear tv fitting?
Old 10-10-2015, 05:46 AM   #19

Got the '16 drawings of the coax wiring. No connections for the bedroom or the basement tv that don't have splitters....That won't work for satellite. Plan on removing the living room tv and trying to find the splitter that runs from the aux inlet and replacing with a barrel connector to get the receiver in the bedroom working. Then I won't have basement tv but don't really plan on using it. What was Jayco thinking?