Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2016, 06:25 PM   #11
jtw

Cover it, mine will sit from mid October to June, I've always covered mine have had no issues. buy a good cover.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:11 AM   #12

We covered a previous TT, but stopped for 2 reasons:
1. Cover ripped from the wind. Went through 2 covers in a matter of 3 years, both ripped.
2. Cover started wearing away siding & corner finish from cover rubbing against corners.

We purchased a top of the line ADCO. ADCOreplaced the 1st ripped cover under warranty, but the 2nd cover ripped the 1st winter of use.

After that experience, we stopped covering the TT and don't cover our current FW.

My suggestions for consideration would be:
> If your trailer sits where it gets wind, anticipate buying a new cover every few years.
> Check and read closely what the warranty is on the cover you purchase. Some don't cover wind damage.

FYI - with your plans to head south in January, I would not cover the trailer.
As someone else mentioned, if you get snow before you leave, you may have difficulty removing the cover.

Hope this helps and Good Luck

Old 09-30-2016, 01:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROC-REQS View Post
We covered a previous TT, but stopped for 2 reasons:
1. Cover ripped from the wind. Went through 2 covers in a matter of 3 years, both ripped.
2. Cover started wearing away siding & corner finish from cover rubbing against corners.

We purchased a top of the line ADCO. ADCOreplaced the 1st ripped cover under warranty, but the 2nd cover ripped the 1st winter of use.

After that experience, we stopped covering the TT and don't cover our current FW.

My suggestions for consideration would be:
> If your trailer sits where it gets wind, anticipate buying a new cover every few years.
> Check and read closely what the warranty is on the cover you purchase. Some don't cover wind damage.

FYI - with your plans to head south in January, I would not cover the trailer.
As someone else mentioned, if you get snow before you leave, you may have difficulty removing the cover.

Hope this helps and Good Luck
I can relate to your experience. We had ours on our Eagle for two winters and it was getting rips and tears in various places. We were also very careful to cover sharp edges with foam and did our best to eliminate rub points.

That is why we have been hesitant to spend another $500 dollars. I could see having to replace the cover every 2 or 3 years. Not sure if that ongoing investment is worth the cost. Appreciate you sharing your experience.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:41 PM   #14

Thanks to everyone who posted their experience with covering their RV.

It is one of those cost versus benefit decisions. Since we are going to Florida end of January, we won't be investing in a cover for at least this year. RV wouldn't get covered up until mid-November.

We are anticipate going full time in 2 1/2 years so after that it would be a moot point.

Tags
covers, pinnacle 36 fbts