Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2017, 10:55 AM   #1

Eagle 2016 W/D Install

Any suggestions on models that work we have no exterior vent on are 2016 Eagle RSTS?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Sun Rise -3-17.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:05 AM   #2

I had the dealer put in wash/dryer after factory prep on a new North Point. They cut a hole and put a cheezy house vent in the side. I guess it looks ok. I tested all other systems but my wife has not ran the unit yet. I think see is waiting for us to go camping before see says "we got a problem"!
NorthPoint5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:10 AM   #3

You can use a ventless unit or install a vented unit. You would have to install or have installed a vent through the wall if you went vented.

I picked up a used Splendide combo unit that is ventless to put in my Eagle. I have tested it several times and it performs well for a RV ventless combo unit that runs on 120v. I was surprised. The unit is well made and heavy for its size. According to a sticker behind the door, it's made in Italy. Very impressed with the machine. Fortunately I got it for 100.00 and was only used a few times.

There are pros and cons to vented vs ventless. For me I didn't want to bore a large hole in my side wall. Also the vented pulls air thats been cooled or heated from the RV into the dryer than vented outside. The ventless is sealed and uses condenser theory drying so no conditioned air is pulled from the RV and no humidity comes from the unit. But it does use water during the drying process. But you should be on city water connection to use it anyways.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote