Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #1
Site Team

Eagle 321RLMS

Sure would like some "real world" opinions on this floor plan. When I first looked at it, I did not like it but it has grown on me for the expansive room without length. The main thing that bothers me is the seemingly complicated slide out mechanism on the master slide.

Does anyone have this floor plan and a opinion of it?
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #2

We have the 321RLTS with the 3 slides and we love the room.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #3

Occasionally we will walk through non-bunk models when at a dealer for something or other. We liked the 321 rlms and could consider it for an upgrade if we didn't take our grandkids camping as much as we do. Sorry, no real opinions otherwise, but would like to welcome you to the Jayco Owners Forum. Come back and let us know what you wind up doing
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
We have the 321RLTS with the 3 slides and we love the room.
We looked at a 321rlts but were not to keen on the lack of space between the pocket door and the bed. Also you could see into the bath thru the crack. Another minus was the lack of access to the dinette table when the slides were closed.

Have you had to make any adjustments to these two items that we noticed?

The MS floor plan is very similar but those 4 motors operating to move the big slide scared me. We are still looking for a replacement. Short list is Big Horn, Jayco and Crossroad Cruiser. Our Sunnybrook will do until we find the perfect replacement.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #5

The 330RLTS TT has the same issue with the crack between the bathroom to bedroom door opening and the sliding door. When I buy it, one of my projects will be to remove the door and fill in the wall.

There isn't any access to the kitchen or living room when the slides are in but, since I'll be moving it only two to four times a year for no more than 300 miles (usually much less), I'm not concerned about it.

I don't know why moving the slide would scare you.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:29 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
The 330RLTS TT has the same issue with the crack between the bathroom to bedroom door opening and the sliding door. When I buy it, one of my projects will be to remove the door and fill in the wall.

There isn't any access to the kitchen or living room when the slides are in but, since I'll be moving it only two to four times a year for no more than 300 miles (usually much less), I'm not concerned about it.

I don't know why moving the slide would scare you.
Not a fear as much as another thing to do when we stop to eat while traveling. My main question is the massive slide on the MS model. Whether anyone has had good or bad experiences and if Jayco will continue to make it.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
We looked at a 321rlts but were not to keen on the lack of space between the pocket door and the bed. Also you could see into the bath thru the crack. Another minus was the lack of access to the dinette table when the slides were closed.

Have you had to make any adjustments to these two items that we noticed?

The MS floor plan is very similar but those 4 motors operating to move the big slide scared me. We are still looking for a replacement. Short list is Big Horn, Jayco and Crossroad Cruiser. Our Sunnybrook will do until we find the perfect replacement.
We have no problem accessing the table when all closed up.Table near the door & couch to rear.I saw one that had a booth instead of the table,didnt like
I honestly haven't a clue about a crack you can see into the bath other than the clearance on the floor of the door.Space around the bed a non issue with us but if a fulltimer maybe but then i would get a 39ft+ jf living in
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
My main question is the massive slide on the MS model. Whether anyone has had good or bad experiences and if Jayco will continue to make it.
Apparently I have hijacked my own thread. I know everyone has likes and dislikes and I did not mean to debate that. Just wanted to know if anyone had actually bought the 321RLMS and what is their experience with the "master slide"?
Old 05-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
snip.......The MS floor plan is very similar but those 4 motors operating to move the big slide scared me.....snip
A little off topic, but one question I would have for Jayco is with four motors for the single slide how do you perform a manual override..., or is there even one? Also, if one motor failed, will the remaining three bring the slide in?

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:09 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
A little off topic, but one question I would have for Jayco is with four motors for the single slide how do you perform a manual override..., or is there even one? Also, if one motor failed, will the remaining three bring the slide in?

Bob
Not off topic at all IMHO. That's the type questions I would have to have answered before I could consider owning one. I have asked several Jayco dealers and they do not know.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #11

I have one, had it since Aug. 2010. With about 8 trips so far, I haven’t had any major issues (none with the slides). The slide works as it should. There is a manual way to bring the slide in. Hope I never have to use it; you need to release the electronic brake and get several people to push it in. Doesn’t sound like fun! I have three kids and the open floor plan works great for me. Also, I have the booth and you can access it when the slide is in.
NJ321RLMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #12
Site Team

Thanks for the response. Glad you are having a great experience with it.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #13

Norty1, I have this unit since last October and have had no trouble with the big slide. I've have multiple problems with the smaller slide motor/controller but that's the same components as all the others so it's not singled out to the RLMS. We love the layout since we have big dogs and grandkids. But something to think about......If something were to go wrong on the big slide I would not be able to get it back in alone as I've had to do twice with the smaller slide. It's a beautiful trailer and very roomy and comfortable. Good luck.
lowfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #14
Site Team

Thanks lowfly What do you pull it with?
Old 05-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #15

I have a 2005 Ford F350 dully 6.0 PSD with a 4:10 differential. When I bought the trailer I had a chevy 3/4 ton gasser and the trailer was just to heavy for it. I was just guiding the direction it was pushing me.

Love the trailer though.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
Site Team

Our local dealer told me that they will not have this floor plan for 2012.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #17

[HTML]Our local dealer told me that they will not have this floor plan for 2012. [/HTML]

Hmmm....don't know if that's good or bad. Did they say why?