Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2017, 01:00 PM   #1

Eagle 321rsts 2017 or 2018 References

Looking to order a 2018 Eagle 321rsts is there anything I should or should not add to the order. Thanks in advance for all the information.
Retiredusa2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:22 PM   #2

A lot depends on your personal preferences and usage will be. But one thing that is not listed as an option on the website and that dealers/salesmen may not even know about are that there are "pink list" items that can be added during a build. One we had added at the factory for a LOT less then having the dealer do afterwards are slide toppers.

If you think you want those, have your salesman have them added to your order as a "pink slip" item. Our salesmen didn't know they could do that until I pushed him to call Jayco. When we had them added to our 330RSTS Eagle TT last year, all 3 slide toppers came to 675.00 where the dealer quoted well over 2 grand for the same thing.

But in my opinion, out of all the "regular" options listed, a 2nd AC is a must. It not only comes in handy on very humid/hot days, but even if you normally would only use one, you have a backup if one of them quits. In other words, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Since we are seasonal and are always where full hookups are, the other options we chose were dual pane windows (mainly for noise reduction and limited additional insulation), residential refrigerator (we can stock up for longer stays but problematic for boondocking), table and chairs instead of dinette (personal preference for just us 2), recliners instead of theater seating (again, personal preference but I think recliners are now standard and theater seating is optional), 16" tire upgrade (mandatory now I believe), tankless water heater (again, not good for boondocking but love my 30 minute + showers on occasion), 2nd awning (can leave the pop up canopy at home now), 2nd battery (for the residential refrigerator). Missed out on auto leveling by a couple of weeks (regular option on 5er's) but would have ordered it if available, and was on the fence about the Sanicon Turbo system because I already own a FloJet portable unit for times that I need to pump out to my 42 gal. Barker tank or the toilet at home.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:34 PM   #3

Like I tell everyone, always always always get the 2nd AC unit and if there is a 3rd ac option get it too.

My favorite options are pin box upgrade, auto leveling, gen prep, dual pane windows. And the 2nd AC unit.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:57 PM   #4

We have a 2016 wish I had the on board Onan to run both 15000 ac units. Definitely recliners!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:12 PM   #5

We love the theater seating option as well. Basically a love seat with recliners. Very comfortable and had cup holders and the arm rest has a storage pocket under it with soft close hinges.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:28 PM   #6

In our 2016 321 RSTS the theater recliners our already broke down. I think there construction is press board plastic and card board.Have two month left on warranty. Going to ask for a credit and buy two Lazy Boys! Best of Luck
Attached Thumbnails
Lot 36.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:00 PM   #7

I want to thank everyone of the advise and comments it is greatly appreciated.
Retiredusa2008 is offline   Reply With Quote