Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2015, 07:14 PM   #1

Eagle HT 27.5RKDS

Does anyone know why I'm unable to find any information about this one? The Jayco web site does not list prices or any specs. I've done google searches and didn't find anything.

Nothing, nada, zero info on the 2015. I kind of want to see one before I decide to add or cross it off my list of one's I'm most interested in purchasing.

Does this mean it's brand new to their line for 2015? I read elsewhere they start their new 2016 line up in the spring, so you'd think their web site would have info on there by now.

So confused and frustrated right now!

Thanks
Old 02-16-2015, 07:16 PM   #2

Wow, don't know what to think since it's not on the Jayco site
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:32 PM   #3

from the looks of it, with all the "TBD" in the specifications, it appears that they haven't made one yet or finalized it.
2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Loris, South Carolina.
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:52 PM   #4

It's not listed in the 2015 Eagle brochure that i have?

2015 F350 XLT SRW 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4
Reese Elite 18k
2015 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
Ont Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #5

Here's the link from the Jayco web site:

http://www.jayco.com/products/fifth-...le-ht/275rkds/

I also found the floorplan on page 12 of the pdf file of Eagle TT and FW at their web site. All specs (but width) are TBD.

And of course that's the one I like the best in terms of floor plans. It meets many of my needs.

I'm just gonna call the local dealer tomorrow so they can find out for me. But I really wanna see it in person! I'll see if they can get the factory to take pictures. Maybe a walk-around video if they have one just sitting around, waiting to be delivered somewhere. Hey, you never know until you ask, right?
Old 02-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #6

hmmmm.... Nice layout for no kids (wouldn't work for me) but I see what you mean without the specs.

2015 F350 XLT SRW 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4
Reese Elite 18k
2015 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS
Ont Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:19 PM   #7

I like this layout too. Can't wait to see one up for sale to get a better sense of it
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:16 PM   #8

Only thing I'm not thrilled with is only one chair in the living area rather than two like in the 26.5 RLS that we own. Otherwise, very nice floorplan.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal0710 View Post
Only thing I'm not thrilled with is only one chair in the living area rather than two like in the 26.5 RLS that we own. Otherwise, very nice floorplan.
That's what I like about it! One chair. Yeah, I know the other one can be removed in your floor plan, but I don't have any place to store it and our living room is already wadded completely full.

The 26.5RLS is a possible for me. Can you access the bed at all if the wardrobe slide is in? Such as taking a nap during a break? Or does the wardrobe completely block coming in the bedroom door? (I'm not skinny.)

Thanks
Old 02-17-2015, 12:26 AM   #10

Sure you can access the bed when the slide is completely in. I just have to suck my gut in a bit, get on my tippy-toes and get in there. I am certainly not skinny either, but I can do it. I just like the two swivel rockers for purposes of sitting down and talking with the wife or, infrequently, watching television. The view is straight on rather than from the side so no cricks in the neck. I think the lay-out in the 26.5 RLS is very nearly perfect for a smaller FW and when shopping for it, found a lot of them with very similar floor plans. Very roomy with the big slide out and we got the table and chairs rather than the dinette. We have had some grandkids sleep on the air bed and they did fine as well.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:18 AM   #11

We found after ordering ours new in the month of April that Jayco seems to wait until about May to finalize availability of new models. While our 26.5RLS was sold as a 2013 model, it is really the 2012 model. New paint scheme and a few minor tweaks came out a few weeks later.....
No issues for us with that, but they also came out with the 27.5RLTS that we really would have preferred if we had known it was a coming release in just a couple of weeks.....
Old 02-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal0710 View Post
Sure you can access the bed when the slide is completely in. I just have to suck my gut in a bit, get on my tippy-toes and get in there. I am certainly not skinny either, but I can do it. I just like the two swivel rockers for purposes of sitting down and talking with the wife or, infrequently, watching television. The view is straight on rather than from the side so no cricks in the neck. I think the lay-out in the 26.5 RLS is very nearly perfect for a smaller FW and when shopping for it, found a lot of them with very similar floor plans. Very roomy with the big slide out and we got the table and chairs rather than the dinette. We have had some grandkids sleep on the air bed and they did fine as well.
The 26.5RLS is on my "interested" list and the local dealer has one that I've looked at. I was wondering about watching the TV from across the room though. And I know what you mean about the crick in your neck. We thought we'd see if we could get a different attachment for the TV so it can be swung out and down. I did not like how high they were in most of the motor homes I started off looking at.

Thanks for the info on getting to the bed.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapper View Post
We found after ordering ours new in the month of April that Jayco seems to wait until about May to finalize availability of new models. While our 26.5RLS was sold as a 2013 model, it is really the 2012 model. New paint scheme and a few minor tweaks came out a few weeks later.....
No issues for us with that, but they also came out with the 27.5RLTS that we really would have preferred if we had known it was a coming release in just a couple of weeks.....
Oh how frustrating (to say the least!) for you folks! I'd have been rather pissed off about it, to put it mildly.

So, unless I'm absolutely in love with something, it sounds like it's better to wait until summer or so to order as you'll be able to see the new line. And there will probably always be someone with the previous version if you like it that much.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #14

The television in the 26.5 RLS is pretty much at eye level. Our set is 26" and I find that I have no real trouble watching it, either movies or live tv from across the room. I'm not sure, but I think the newer ones might have a little bigger set.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:39 PM   #15

Wow. That is an awesome floor plan. Might be our next unit once the kids are out, which won't be long for us. Youngest is starting college in the fall, so we are passively looking. Will definitely keep this unit in mind.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:19 PM   #16

But, be aware of the various speaker selection options, and that everything resets when you disconnect the battery! How embarrassing to be watching DVD's of "Deadwood" (which has , ahem, rather salty language) only to find that the external speakers were also on, and entertaining the rest of the campground....! I think some kids learned some new words.....!
Other than that, I too love the layout of the RLS. Seems to be the perfect layout for a couple that doesn't have to travel with a lot of "stuff".
Old 02-17-2015, 06:22 PM   #17

They must have upgraded the outside speakers. On our system, if we had both of them on, you would be driven out of the FW if the outside speakers were loud enough to be heard very far away. Very poor speakers in my opinion, but don't use them much so no big reason to change them out.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapper View Post
But, be aware of the various speaker selection options, and that everything resets when you disconnect the battery! How embarrassing to be watching DVD's of "Deadwood" (which has, ahem, rather salty language) only to find that the external speakers were also on, and entertaining the rest of the campground....! I think some kids learned some new words.....!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, but I can't help laughing over this. Hopefully you can too, by now. I'm surprised nobody banged on your door!

I've added this tip to my list of things to check for, just in case.

Deadwood is not on my list of DVDs to bring, although I'll probably bring some Lovejoys with me, which also had Ian McShane in it (back before his eyes and face started drooping). As well as Cagney & Lacey and China Beach. Their language is much tamer! Hee, hee, hee.