Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #1

Eagle HT 28.5 BHXB?

Looking at replacing our old fifth wheel and thinking between a Class C (Greyhawk 31FS) our the Eagle HT 29.5BHDS. Looking at the 2016 Eagle Brochure, they also list a 28.5 BHXB. Has anyone heard anything about this model? Doesn't seem like it is being made, from what I can tell.

Figured I'd ask, in case someone knew something.

Thanks!
Cdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:19 PM   #2

I inquired about this model with Jayco a few months back, and the response I received was that this model was experimental, and there was not a definite decision if they will mass produce it. If Jayco decides to including its future production run for 2016, then it will become available after January 2016. That's why they have not put out any specifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
Looking at replacing our old fifth wheel and thinking between a Class C (Greyhawk 31FS) our the Eagle HT 29.5BHDS. Looking at the 2016 Eagle Brochure, they also list a 28.5 BHXB. Has anyone heard anything about this model? Doesn't seem like it is being made, from what I can tell.

Figured I'd ask, in case someone knew something.

Thanks!
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:36 AM   #3

Thanks for that information.

Interesting that they put it in the brochure, but not sure if they are going to build it. I know that from my standpoint, information like length is very important, and it is hard to get excited about the potential unit without knowing what the length is. I wonder if they put it in the brochure and use the amount of questions about it to gauge interest to see if they should build it?

How are you liking your 29.5BHDS? We really like that floor plan. Any complaints outside of the usual?
Cdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:44 AM   #4

I asked Jayco rep the same question, as to why would they put this model on the brochure, when they were not even sure if it will make it in their 2016 production run. I think you are correct that if they get enough inquiries from dealers and the public, then they may move ahead with producing it. Regarding the length, the rep stated that it would be between 32 and 33 feet.

We are taking delivery of our new 2016 29.5BHDS this week and will be doing the shakedown this weekend. Based on feedback from other folks on this forum, this model is a fine trailer with little issues. We're looking forward to doing some local camping this winter, as we're in Arizona. The weather has finally turned beautiful! We'll report back with our impression and any major issues we find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
Thanks for that information.

Interesting that they put it in the brochure, but not sure if they are going to build it. I know that from my standpoint, information like length is very important, and it is hard to get excited about the potential unit without knowing what the length is. I wonder if they put it in the brochure and use the amount of questions about it to gauge interest to see if they should build it?

How are you liking your 29.5BHDS? We really like that floor plan. Any complaints outside of the usual?
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote