Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #21

Pretty sure its a 15k. I have 50 amp service and its ducted for a second AC if I need one
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:14 PM   #22

From what I'm told there are three grey tank levers. The front one is for the bathroom sink and shower, the middle one is for the kitchen sink, and the rear one is for the outdoor kitchen sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drvn2modify View Post
I also had a question to what the grey holding tank lever under the slide was for? Maybe to share both grey tanks?
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:50 PM   #23

I also have a 15k AirXcel AC unit with 50amp second AC prep.
Drvn2modify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:53 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tularockstar View Post
From what I'm told there are three grey tank levers. The front one is for the bathroom sink and shower, the middle one is for the kitchen sink, and the rear one is for the outdoor kitchen sink.
This makes sense. So our unit has 3 grey tanks then? Anyone know how big each tank is?
Old 04-08-2016, 04:44 PM   #25

Does anyone know how to drain the fresh water tank?
Old 04-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #26

typically and on mine there are drains underneath the trailer that should be marked fresh water drain ... with the t handle on mine I thought they turned to open but I found out they pulled up ... didn't figure it out until I disassembled one lol
Old 04-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #27

Try looking at where the low point drain valve is. It's right below the outdoor kitchen. I remember the dealer put some water in our tank and I used the low point drain valve to empty it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drvn2modify View Post
Does anyone know how to drain the fresh water tank?
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:14 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tularockstar View Post
Try looking at where the low point drain valve is. It's right below the outdoor kitchen. I remember the dealer put some water in our tank and I used the low point drain valve to empty it.
This, but to clarify pull out the kitchen counter about half way. Reach under the counter and there are two valves there. You can kind of see them if you stick your head under there. They are not accessible from under the trailer.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:20 AM   #29

I have one valve that is attached to the frame - I was told this is the fresh water tank drain.

I have two valves under the outdoor kitchen - I was told these are low point drains for the kitchen hot/cold.

I haven't had warm enough weather to dewinterize yet, so I'm going off what they told me.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:26 AM   #30

Well, I'm in the same boat. I was walked through it all during PDI but haven't dewinterizef yet either. now that you mention it, I remember having the frame mount drain too.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:06 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
Finally found a 29.5 BHDS to look at today. Pretty nice unit. We really like it.

There are a couple questions that we didn't get answered though and I'm hoping that someone here that has one can help. Salesman wasn't very knowledgeable and wouldn't hook a battery up for us.

Where is the water pump located? Looked all over and couldn't find it.

How do you fill the fresh water tank if you don't have a pressurized water source with a hose? There is no gravity feed on the unit. Does the lever above the city hook up use the pump to suck water from a jug? We camp at lots of places where you don't always have a pressurized source with a hose to hook up to, and I'd usually dump 5 gallon jugs in my gravity fill.

Is there anyone that can measure how wide the opening is to get to the bunk when the slide is CLOSED? We do a bit of overnighting in Wal-Mart's when trying to cover long distances and we prefer not to deploy slides in these cases. Want to make sure the kids can squeeze through to get in bunks with slide closed.

Propane stove for outdoor kitchen: it looked like you have to connect it to the bumper mounted propane quick connect fitting for use, which also means disconnecting it when putting away? It that correct?

Auto leveling system: we are really liking the idea of this. Anyone have it? If so, are you happy with it?

Sorry to bombard with questions, just trying to clear up some things.

Thanks for any help!!
Cdash - I custom ordered our '17 29.5 BHDS to ensure it was setup the way we wanted it. Getting a salesperson that is knowledgeable is good, but I always found I did better on sites like these talking to others with similar trailers.

With the slide closed, DPI 7800 is correct that there is not distance between the dinette and counter top. There is about 18" of clearance to the back bunks. We leave the dinette down so my kids can get into / out of the bunks if needed for sleeping while traveling.

We ordered with (2) AC, Frameless windows, Solid Surface Countertops, Dry Camping Prep Package, Auto Leveling, Largest Wheels / Tires available, MorRyde Suspension, Reese Revolution Hitch and Wireless Backup Camera. After traveling from MN to Colorado and Utah for 12 days, I would spec identical if i did it again.

I agree with DPI 7800 on the grill, but I ordered it from pure convenience. I have a full cast iron gas grill that i have used for 10 years and love it, but the convenience of not having to bring / fill additional propane tanks was worth the trade off for me.

This is our 5th and favorite trailer to date. Love and it and excited to be off to Black Hills next week, Teton's in August and the Keys over New Years.

Feel free to message me with questions.

Thanks!
Scott
SDB.Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #32

We have the 29.5BHOK.

Water fill. The owners manual covers it. Have to remove an access panel in the pass through compartment (water connection side). THat gives you access to the water pump and various valves. There is also a clear hose there.

The hose can be used to introduce antifreeze or to fill the water tank from an outside tank. The water pump moves the water from the supply tank to the trailer tank. Works well.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:42 PM   #33

Thanks, but realize that we've owned the camper for a year and a half now. We've got it all figured out, but someone pulled up a real old thread!!
Old 10-31-2017, 05:09 PM   #34

I have a 2017 29.5 BHDS. I have a question for you since you are now expereinced. Do you have a picture of your bumper grill and how it was installed. My dealer gave me the wrong grill, according to Jayco.

Did you ever break the shear pin on the rear stabilizer? Mine would not come down after my third attempt. Do you lubricate the screw gear? Thanks!
Bobmadras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:24 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobmadras View Post
I have a 2017 29.5 BHDS. I have a question for you since you are now expereinced. Do you have a picture of your bumper grill and how it was installed. My dealer gave me the wrong grill, according to Jayco.

Did you ever break the shear pin on the rear stabilizer? Mine would not come down after my third attempt. Do you lubricate the screw gear? Thanks!
We didn't order the grill and we have auto level, so no rear stabilizer. Sorry I can't help!