Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #1

Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS questions

Finally found a 29.5 BHDS to look at today. Pretty nice unit. We really like it.

There are a couple questions that we didn't get answered though and I'm hoping that someone here that has one can help. Salesman wasn't very knowledgeable and wouldn't hook a battery up for us.

Where is the water pump located? Looked all over and couldn't find it.

How do you fill the fresh water tank if you don't have a pressurized water source with a hose? There is no gravity feed on the unit. Does the lever above the city hook up use the pump to suck water from a jug? We camp at lots of places where you don't always have a pressurized source with a hose to hook up to, and I'd usually dump 5 gallon jugs in my gravity fill.

Is there anyone that can measure how wide the opening is to get to the bunk when the slide is CLOSED? We do a bit of overnighting in Wal-Mart's when trying to cover long distances and we prefer not to deploy slides in these cases. Want to make sure the kids can squeeze through to get in bunks with slide closed.

Propane stove for outdoor kitchen: it looked like you have to connect it to the bumper mounted propane quick connect fitting for use, which also means disconnecting it when putting away? It that correct?

Auto leveling system: we are really liking the idea of this. Anyone have it? If so, are you happy with it?

Sorry to bombard with questions, just trying to clear up some things.

Thanks for any help!!
Cdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:08 PM   #2

Water pump is probably under the bathroom floor. Access from the basement storage compartment.

Auto level- get it, worth it.

As for the gravity fed water. I've never thought about it as I always fill up prior to going to place or taking a trip where I wouldn't have pressurized water. Fill up at home or at a truckstop near your destination would be my thought.

Propane stove- yes, but it's a quick connect like an air hose.

Not sure about the slide and bunk room. Looks like a pocket door so it is probably doable.
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:35 AM   #3

Ok so I have a 2015 29.5 BHDS so I can help you out.. Like already said the pump is in the basement on the left side behind an access panel.

There is no gravity fill. Jayco has what they all a country fill and it is suppose to use the onboard pump to suck water out of a water can into the fresh water tank. I have not used this feature. I purchased a 12 volt pump to transfer water from my water barrels to my fresh water tank. From what I have read in order to make the country fill work you need to remove the wire cone screen at the fill point and reverse it prior to using this feature and then place the screen back to original the position when done. I have also read this takes a considerable amount of time.

As far as clearance between the counter and the dinette ther is none. So you need to open the slide or climb over the dinette to access the rear bunks.

In regards to the grill, you are correct. I did not purchase the bumper grill because I have not yet found an rv grill that is worth a darn. I use a camp chef pro 90 which allows me to do 100% of my cooking out side by using the grill box, griddle or burners individually, but typically I end up doing a combination of two if not all three depending on what I a doing.

Auto leveling was not an option for me. But if it was I would have passed only because I boondock and I pull into some areas that have some rough terain and my concern would be grabbing one of the auto levelers and ripping it right off.

I also skipped on the power jacks after talking to a guy in the parts department at the local dealership who said there is on way to manually deploy the jacks if the motor fails. He also said that they don't snug up as well when compared to the manual jacks.

I use the Anderson leveling wedges and that works fast and easy. Absolutely love them.

If you have any other question feel free to PM me.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:22 AM   #4

Looking through the owners manual today and it says to use the SANITIZE settings to fill the tank without a pressurized source. Guess they don't call t Country Fill any more
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:06 AM   #5

DPI7800 - thank you, that helps a lot!

One more question - is there a whole house water filter somewhere? Couldn't find that either....
Old 11-15-2015, 10:11 AM   #6

Nope, no filter. So if that is something you desire you will need to purchase an aftermarket one that you put on at the water source.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #7

Keep Shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
Finally found a 29.5 BHDS to look at today. Pretty nice unit. We really like it.

There are a couple questions that we didn't get answered though and I'm hoping that someone here that has one can help. Salesman wasn't very knowledgeable and wouldn't hook a battery up for us.

Where is the water pump located? Looked all over and couldn't find it.

How do you fill the fresh water tank if you don't have a pressurized water source with a hose? There is no gravity feed on the unit. Does the lever above the city hook up use the pump to suck water from a jug? We camp at lots of places where you don't always have a pressurized source with a hose to hook up to, and I'd usually dump 5 gallon jugs in my gravity fill.

Is there anyone that can measure how wide the opening is to get to the bunk when the slide is CLOSED? We do a bit of overnighting in Wal-Mart's when trying to cover long distances and we prefer not to deploy slides in these cases. Want to make sure the kids can squeeze through to get in bunks with slide closed.

Propane stove for outdoor kitchen: it looked like you have to connect it to the bumper mounted propane quick connect fitting for use, which also means disconnecting it when putting away? It that correct?

Auto leveling system: we are really liking the idea of this. Anyone have it? If so, are you happy with it?

Sorry to bombard with questions, just trying to clear up some things.

Thanks for any help!!
First off..... Find another sales person with more knowledge or even a different dealer. Stay away from salespeople that don't know what they are selling and especially if they won't hook up a temporary power pack or battery to check out the powered components of the unit that you are looking to spend $$$.
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebra View Post
First off..... Find another sales person with more knowledge or even a different dealer. Stay away from salespeople that don't know what they are selling and especially if they won't hook up a temporary power pack or battery to check out the powered components of the unit that you are looking to spend $$$.
No worries about that! We are likely going to order, since I don't imagine that we'll find one on the lot with dual pane Windows, Mor Ryde pin box and a leveling system.

We only went up there to look at the unit. Can't find one anywhere else within a couple hour drive, nobody had one in stock. Was pretty disappointed that they wouldn't hook up a battery. I was considering having my wife go in and discuss things while I pulled up my truck and hooked up battery cables to it to see what I wanted to see.

We'll be finding a dealer closer to home that gives us a better warm and fuzzy feeling.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #9

We have the 2016 29.5 BHDS

1. Pump under bathroom in basement behind small removable panel
2. Country fill is inside that panel near pump for filling with jugs
3. Dont have auto level but I do have power rear jacks
4. You can take the table down and make into bed so the kids can climb over that to get to rear beds - new model has pocket door for rear. Very nice new feature.
5. Propane out side has 2 quick connects - 1 for rear 2 burner stove located under the sink and 1 near bumper for outside grill.

Also, I ordered mine with the Reese Revolution king pin. Allows having a short bed without needed a slider.

For those of you with the 29.5 BHDS. I have a question. What is the switch inside the battery compartment for? Not the battery disconnect. It looks like a light switch. Just found that today while I was going through all openings and closing them up with spray foam.
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:32 PM   #10

That switch you are referring to is most likely the power switch for the rear mount camera, at least that is what mine is for. I suspect jayco just does a pre-wire for the camera on on the models that have it as an option.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
No worries about that! We are likely going to order, since I don't imagine that we'll find one on the lot with dual pane Windows, Mor Ryde pin box and a leveling system.

We only went up there to look at the unit. Can't find one anywhere else within a couple hour drive, nobody had one in stock. Was pretty disappointed that they wouldn't hook up a battery. I was considering having my wife go in and discuss things while I pulled up my truck and hooked up battery cables to it to see what I wanted to see.

We'll be finding a dealer closer to home that gives us a better warm and fuzzy feeling.
Try RV Dealer | Wholesale RV Club They are who I'm using and they can order you one with whatever features you want.

Dave...

2013 Ram 2500, CTD, CCLB 4x4 in True Blue - SOLD

2016 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS Picked-up 4/1/16
2007 Rockwood ROO 21SS - SOLD
Aero_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:00 AM   #12

When I ordered mine in August, I asked about the Dual pane windows. The sales person told me unless I am camping in the middle of the winter, which I wont be or I live in Alaska, which I dont, then there would be no need to waste extra money on them.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spepi View Post
When I ordered mine in August, I asked about the Dual pane windows. The sales person told me unless I am camping in the middle of the winter, which I wont be or I live in Alaska, which I dont, then there would be no need to waste extra money on them.
I searched and read about dual pane windows here. There wasn't anyone that regretted getting them and most thought there was a noticeable difference from single pane window campers. Kept the hot and cold out and the hot and cold in at the right times. I'd like it to keep the heater or air from running as much when in more extreme temperatures.

It's only money, right?
Old 11-16-2015, 08:07 PM   #14

By the way, where are you all putting the kitchen garbage? We realized when chatting tonight that there isn't a good place for it. Our current rig has it under the sink, but that is all drawers on the 29.5.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:07 PM   #15

We got them. We came from a 5th wheel without one. There is a difference in heat and cold coming through them. I have also noticed no moisture on the windows no matter how much cooking we do.
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:28 PM   #16

I also had a question to what the grey holding tank lever under the slide was for? Maybe to share both grey tanks?
Drvn2modify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:14 PM   #17

Do any of you know what brand and model of A.C. That Jayco uses for the 15000 BTU unit? Trying to decide if my current generator will run it.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:25 PM   #18

I will look though my paperwork tonight and get back to you in the morning on the brand and model of 15k ac.
Drvn2modify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:10 PM   #19

I looked at my paperwork and mine is an AirXcel which covers alot of AC units.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spepi View Post
I looked at my paperwork and mine is an AirXcel which covers alot of AC units.
Is yours a 15k or 13.5k?