Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-04-2017, 07:51 PM   #1

Eagle HT TV/DVD questions

We will start temporarily full-timing in our 2017 29.5BHDS in the next few days while we're between houses. I've searched the forums and can't find the answer to this.... I want to purchase 2 quick release tv mounts, 1 for the master bedroom and 1 for the outside kitchen area, as well as a 24" tv to use in either area.

My question is about playing dvd's. We don't stay in the sort of parks that have cable, so we primarily watch dvd's... will my Furrion system play to the other 2 tv locations? Each location only has a cable and a satellite connection. The outside kitchen is right outside the main tv, so I'm sure I could fish an HDMI cord to that location, plus the outside speakers are already there. The bedroom tv is another issue, however. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Basically I need to know if I should buy a TV/DVD combo or if I can use my existing system and buy a higher quality TV only.

Thanks!

2017 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS -- 2011 F350 CCSB 4x4 PSD
repacs0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:18 PM   #2

I think I understand your question to ask if the Furrion stereo/DVD player will feed both TVs? Our Jayco is set up similar but the house system on feeds video/DVD to the LR main TV. It does supply audio throughout the RV and the outdoor speakers. Are you trying to watch the same thing on 2 TVs or 2 separate programs on 2 TVs? Now, as you mentioned, you could get creative with the cabling and splitters to make it work. If intereted, there are good options for satelite TV in your RV too.

2015 Jayco Pinnacle FLSA & 2008 Chevy Duramax

Anxiously awaiting retirement where I have been told everyday is a Saturday
Old 02-05-2017, 04:21 AM   #3

We only want to watch on one tv at a time. We aren't "tv people" as a rule- haven't had cable at home for years, so it's Netflix and dvd's only for us, mostly on rainy days while camping. The next couple months will be a bit different though... 4 of us in a trailer in the middle of winter!

I think you've reiterated what I suspected- that if I want to watch a DVD in the master bedroom I should probably buy a tv with a built in DVD player.

Thank You!

Old 02-05-2017, 01:30 PM   #4

Repacs0103, definitley understand, we typically watch alot more TV in the winter time too. If you are only watching one at TV at a time, I wonder if you could get creative with an HDMI cable routing or even a splitter out of the Furrion system. Of course, DVD players now are probably cheaper than a long HDMI. Good luck and enjoy the winter RV'ing, sounds odd but we have been enjoying it.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:44 PM   #5

I believe I read they make wireless HDMI now?? Don't know how far the range would be or the video and sound quality.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grawe View Post
Repacs0103, definitley understand, we typically watch alot more TV in the winter time too. If you are only watching one at TV at a time, I wonder if you could get creative with an HDMI cable routing or even a splitter out of the Furrion system. Of course, DVD players now are probably cheaper than a long HDMI. Good luck and enjoy the winter RV'ing, sounds odd but we have been enjoying it.

I had considered that....I'll have plenty of time on my hands, so it might be something I look into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
I believe I read they make wireless HDMI now?? Don't know how far the range would be or the video and sound quality.

Earl
I had not heard of this, but I'm hardly up on my technology. Appreciated, I'll look into it.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:04 PM   #7

Wally world has DVD players for ~$30 a pop, buy 2 and plug 'em up.

Not sure about Netflix, don't you need a good wifi setup for this????
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimp View Post
Wally world has DVD players for ~$30 a pop, buy 2 and plug 'em up.

Not sure about Netflix, don't you need a good wifi setup for this????
Haha I'm one of those anti-Wally world people.... haven't stepped foot in one in nearly 20 years! But I see your point.

We don't Netflix normally when camping (at home we use a chromecast). In this case because we are full timing in my parents yard , I made a ~250' long Cat5e Ethernet cable and strung it from their house.... then we just hook an hdmi cord from our MacBook to the tv .