Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2015, 08:16 PM   #1

Eagle Solar prewire by GoPower

I have a new 16 Eagle HT 29.5bhds. The unit is prewired by GoPower (gpelectric.com) on the roof and the front. These are the pics of my unit.
I would like to get a solar package but not sure how the wiring is done. Is it already hooked to battery? Is there prewire for the charge controller inside near the control panel?
GoPower has complete kits that look pretty good in this range.
I contacted the guys over at Rv Solar Connection. They install Kyocera panels and complete wiring, but no inverters etc. They said that the prewire is probably not sufficient.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4430.jpg   IMG_4448.jpg  

2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 bhds
2015 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4x4 6.2 EFI V8
PullRite Superglide 16k SuperRails
michael16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:24 PM   #2

Solar panels feed a controller first , which monitors and manages the output charge to the battery array.

The plugs on the roof feed down to the power room, but need a controller.

You can add multiple solar panels to the roof, typically in parrellel ( plug adaptors to expand )

The wattage of each pannel, added together when in parrellel, will define the size of the controller you need.

Lots of great stuff here on JOF about solar, including a social group about solar stuff.

I have some picture on my profile of my solar setup

Good luck

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:25 PM   #3

Ours is a 2016 Octane SL 222 toy hauler. It came "prewired" for solar, a selling point that was emphasized by the sale person. Following delivery I inquired to the dealer & Jayco as to the five W's. Who, what, why, when & where, the response was a resounding ZIP, Nada, zero! After a few more persistent emails to Jayco customer service & a couple of semi snarky email I was told to call the company that provided the prewiring kit. I reached out to the solar kit provider & received less than satisfactory reply. So I am reaching out to those smarter than I for instructions, tips, hits for installing solar on my unit.
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:09 PM   #4

Look up previous posts by me to see what I did. You can do it pretty reasonably, without a lot of skills.

I'm considering putting panels on the roof now.

I'd suggest staying away from go power. Very, very expensive for what you get (like 2 to 3 times the cost). I think they donate the wiring and stickers in hope of people paying outrageous prices. Several have had their pre-pre-wire not connected properly from the factory. So plug and play may not play after plugging.