Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-28-2015, 09:56 PM   #21

Electric leveling

Each jack is rated for 5000#'s. More than enough to lift the whole unit of you wanted to. Would I use it to change one tire? You bet.

My buddy has the hydraulic version and uses it when he's doing his bearing repack.
Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:34 PM   #22

I discovered that the front jacks have a geat deal more travel than the rear jacks. If the ground slopes down from the front of the trailer to the rear, not manually lowering the front jacks with the pins very much, then electrically lowering the front jacks to disconnect makes autoleveling easy.
Jack 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
That's what I always do.
Shore power only trickle charges the battery. The leveling system is connected directly to batt and not converter. On my truck I could get batt to almost 14 volts. Of course I put the truck very clear. I got a four foot 7 pin extension.
Cliffawilson111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:18 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoojs12840 View Post
Do you all check how much stroke you have on each jack?
Attachment 20948
Attachment 20949
Also how close to perfect level.
Attachment 20950
Hm I get front to about 10" on the front jacks and it errors out with an angle of +2.1 to +2.0 after a few tries in my driveway. I thought I was maxed out but not. (Tilt level is always good) I have a bit of a rear to front downward slope. When this happens there is no way to lower the center 2 jacks on the 6 point leveling. Yes I drop the manual front jacks to the ground or as close as I can to push in the pin. I think this is due to spring lifting off the truck. I have a 2016 3500HD Silverado. North Point 301RETS.
NorthPoint5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #25

Hmmm, haven't had that issue.

And my wife is 5'8.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoojs12840 View Post
Each jack is rated for 5000#'s. More than enough to lift the whole unit of you wanted to. Would I use it to change one tire? You bet.

My buddy has the hydraulic version and uses it when he's doing his bearing repack.
Thanks. However the middle jacks on our 6 point 3.0 electric system only stabilize and do not lift. I believe the middle jacks on the 6 point hydraulic systems actually lift, making the tire changing possible?

Anyone lift a wheel off the ground to change a tire or pack bearings with the 6 point 3.0 electric?

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:20 PM   #27

I lifted my off the ground when I put my new wheels and tires on. GC 2.0 6 point
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
I lifted my off the ground when I put my new wheels and tires on. GC 2.0 6 point
I presume you lifted one side of the trailer at a time? Would appreciate knowing what procedure you used with the controls to accomplish it.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:08 AM   #29

how do you manually move the center jacks with the 3.0 system 6 leveler system after it goes into error. Have not yet had a successful lever yet since my previous post. Blocks are not the answer as front jacks are dropped to ground before removing 3500HD dually truck. rear to front drop is 6".
NorthPoint5r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoint5r View Post
how do you manually move the center jacks with the 3.0 system 6 leveler system after it goes into error. Have not yet had a successful lever yet since my previous post. Blocks are not the answer as front jacks are dropped to ground before removing 3500HD dually truck. rear to front drop is 6".
Do you run your front jacks down some before dropping the legs to the ground? The front jacks need to be able to move up and down. If you have the front jacks completely retracted and drop the legs, that's not good. Run the jacks down a few a inches before dropping the legs. The rear jacks are more prone to over stroke and need blocks. Also the shorter the jacks run down, the more stable they are.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:27 PM   #31

Love my 3.0 6 pt level system, only got a fail to level one time, and that was on a pad that had several feet of slope down to the front. Still managed to level the camper after lowering the front on jack stands so I could add more blocks under front legs. That was a sight, I'm 6'2" and could walk under the pin without touching my head to it.

I use same procedure Earl mentioned lower front legs 4 to 5 inches, pull pin to drop extend-a-leg. Unhitch truck, plug in shore power, I have pads made up of 4x4''s sandwiched between 3/4" plywood that I place under rear and middle legs, hit auto level, drink beer and giggle while I watch the camper do what I used to have to do manually
Old 03-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #32

So far the only issue I've encountered was when the battery level was too low for the auto level cycle to finish. Then it threw a weird error that could only be cleared after I hitched back to the truck and raised all the jacks. I immediately reattempted auto level but this time with the truck on and the brake cable connected and it was fine. Love the auto leveler.
sean.harp is offline   Reply With Quote