Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2016, 09:03 AM   #21

Unfortunately no. We are still using it to tinkle but use the front bath for the other. The dealer says evening is ok. Jayco has not looked at it. I handed not had a chance to try and put pressure in the system. I am just living with it for now. I plan on taking it to jayco at the end of the year to have the roof looked at. Good luck to you.
R&TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:13 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TB View Post
Unfortunately no. We are still using it to tinkle but use the front bath for the other. The dealer says evening is ok. Jayco has not looked at it. I handed not had a chance to try and put pressure in the system. I am just living with it for now. I plan on taking it to jayco at the end of the year to have the roof looked at. Good luck to you.
I'm gonna get up on the roof in the next couple of days and see if the vent pipe has any issues. I doubt that's the problem since we have the odor even with the roof vent closed. I will keep you posted if we figure out anything.
Ksilvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 04:29 PM   #23

We are having the odor problem in the 1/2 bath on our 2015 FBTS. Mine is headed to the dealer on June 21st for some other things. I'll add that to my list.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by okraman View Post
We are having the odor problem in the 1/2 bath on our 2015 FBTS. Mine is headed to the dealer on June 21st for some other things. I'll add that to my list.
Hello Okraman and all of you, I would like to know how your ordeal with the 1/2 bath sewer odor plays out. Wife and I are planning on purchasing the 36FBTS by the end of the year or first of next year to start FTing. This will be our first FW and if the sewer problems is not something that is easily taken care of we may have to change floor plans. Any info you all can supply or post will be of great help. Thanks. Happy Camping

2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Dually 6.7L HO Turbo Diesel with Aisin Tranny
50 Gal. Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (Sold)
2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:32 AM   #25

We solved our half bath sewer odor.

Turns out the previous owner of our rig must've left the black tank valve open all the time & built up the dreaded crud inside the tank.

I used a jet nozzle on the end of a hose & fed it down through the toilet to break up all the "material" in the tank. It took a couple hours & several tank fills and dumps to get it all out of the tank.

But I'm happy to report no more odors!!!

The black tank is only about 8" below the toilet & it's a straight shot down. No bends or curves. So, I'd say to try to make sure to use a lot of water with each flush to keep things as diluted & flowing as possible.

Good luck to others having this issues!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Ksilvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #26

We have had the odor too. It turns out that its just after the trailer has been sitting in storage for a while. We found that if we flush it real good a couple times, the odor disappears for our entire trip which is up to 60-90 days. Then start the process all over again!