Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2016, 12:52 PM   #1

Filling Water Tank on 2016 26.5RLS

Love the new trailer I just picked, but not is love with how you have to fill the fresh water tank. Still winterized, so I cannot play with the water. According to the manual and confirmed by Jayco, you have to move the Blue Valve on the new control panel on the side of the trailer to Fill AND you have to move the white valve by the water pump to the fill tank position. Once filled, you move the Blue valve back to City Water and move the white valve by the pump to the supply fixtures position.
Why would they design a system where you have to go into the storage bay and remove a panel to fill the fresh water tank?
I actually removed the 2 screws and mounted 2 hinges and latch to that panel due to the fact I will be in that area every trip.
Anyone that has a 2016 Eagle HT I would appreciate you comments. Thanks
Walleyerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:33 PM   #2

I'm anxious to hear any replies as I am in the process of buying a 2016 26.5 BHS 5th wheel so I'm guessing I'll have the same setup.
Onefastdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:45 PM   #3

I'm pretty sure there was a post on here a while ago that the guy had to remove part of the bunk bed inside the TT to access the valve to fill the tank.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #4

Suddenly it seems my TT having the City Water connection on the street side and the FW fill on the curb side isn't so bad after all... it could have been worse.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
I'm pretty sure there was a post on here a while ago that the guy had to remove part of the bunk bed inside the TT to access the valve to fill the tank.
I'm a noob to RV talk so I need to ask...what "TT" means in the above reply? ... I think I figured it out "Towable Trailer" and "FW" is "Fifth Wheel"?

I am not sure these answers are specific enough to the OPs orig. question and what is my curiousity. Not where the water nozzle goes into but are there other things inside or outside (levers/valves) etc to get the water to go into the tank.

My previous trailers (even boats) it was just find the fresh water fill connector, stick a hose in, turn on the water, fill until no more goes in.

-David
Old 02-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #6

TT is travel trailer

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:44 PM   #7

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefastdaddy View Post
I'm a noob to RV talk so I need to ask...what "TT" means in the above reply? ... I think I figured it out "Towable Trailer" (usually TT = travel trailer) and "FW" is "Fifth Wheel"? (in this case FW = fresh water)

I am not sure these answers are specific enough to the OPs orig. question and what is my curiousity. Not where the water nozzle goes into but are there other things inside or outside (levers/valves) etc to get the water to go into the tank.

My previous trailers (even boats) it was just find the fresh water fill connector, stick a hose in, turn on the water, fill until no more goes in.

-David
You asked, "... are there other things inside or outside (levers/valves) etc to get the water to go into the tank." Unfortunately, there is no standard way to fill an RV's FW (fresh water) tank. Valves, locations, etc., vary from model to model and from year to year.

In another thread in this forum, the discussion was why was the 'City Water' connection on one side of the RV and the 'Fresh Water' filler opening on the other (my trailer is like that). That topic was on my mind when I responded to the OP in this thread. Sorry if my response, and my attempt at humor, confused the issue.

I'm not sure anyone here could answer Walleyerod's only question, "Why would they design a system where you have to go into the storage bay and remove a panel to fill the fresh water tank?" But he did offer a helpful modification to others facing a similar problem; put hinges on the panel that needs to be opened.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:06 PM   #8

Oh, ok, I'm not understanding the question or some of the answers. Sorry about any confusion I've caused.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:57 PM   #9

I never gave an answer to the specific question.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote