Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2015, 05:55 AM   #1

Finally Did It

Well, after months of looking we finally pulled the trigger and ordered a 2016 Pinnacle REQS. My inlaws owned a TT many years ago but this will be our first of any type of RV so we are not only excited but a little nervous too. I hope everything comes in as expected or I'll never hear the end of it from my other half. This thing with the extras cost more than my first house!
Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:11 AM   #2

Great expectations! I'm sure they will be mostly as advertised. Always find something that needs adjusting or you aren't doing your PDI well. LOL. As for costing more than your first house, our 2014 eagle cost more than our first and second house, combined! LOL

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky1 View Post
Well, after months of looking we finally pulled the trigger and ordered a 2016 Pinnacle REQS. My inlaws owned a TT many years ago but this will be our first of any type of RV so we are not only excited but a little nervous too. I hope everything comes in as expected or I'll never hear the end of it from my other half. This thing with the extras cost more than my first house!
Spanky1,

In this Forum under "Tech Talk" there is a Sticky with a PDI list. One cannot do too thorough a PDI and that is advice from someone who has purchased 4 RV's new. Take your time and if possible do it with a friend/relative who has RVing experience. It is best for the Dealer person to be available but not accompanying you or you will feel hurried. My recommendation is to NOT sign for the purchase until all is resolved. If you are too anxious to get on the road, you will eventually pay for it. If you have to come back to the Dealer for something that could have been adjusted before you left the lot, you will most likely be put in the Dealer's cue for an appointment -- and then the time delays usually begin. Do not let them rush you on your PDI. It would be advantageous to advise the Dealer ahead of time of your intent at a very thorough PDI and even send him the document you will use. This might motivate him to do a better prep job also.
While you are at the Dealer's be certain to learn how everything works.

Best wishes for a very satisfied purchase.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:50 PM   #4

Congrats! Enjoy!