Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #1

finally fixed schwintek slide

I have a 2017 eagle 28.5 RSTS and the kitchen slide has been knocking me out for days. It was open and I couldn't get it to close without binding and stopping. I tried all the fixes posted here and you tube like retract the extend three times and all sorts of stuff, nothing worked. Today I started removing panels to find the controllers. After I moved everything that was screwed down the last place I looked was in the storage behind the propane tanks. BINGO! Push the reset 6 times hold it in the 7 th and it works. Yeah me because we are leaving for a 10 day trip Friday.
ceasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:34 PM   #2

Congrats on getting it working. Hopefully it stays that way! Enjoy your trip...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:16 PM   #3

ceasare, if you talk to Lippert they will tell you the reset is only a way to get the slide in so you can get the problem fixed. It will work, but is not to be used every time. Good luck, I hope the problem goes away.

Dave
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #4

I had this issue with mine. I reset it to bring it back in and it when I tried to put it back out had to reset it again. Every time to put it out or bring it in required a reset. It is at the dealer for warranty work to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:40 AM   #5

I realize there is a problem and i will bring it back to the dealer for repairs. But you know when you have been waiting for a trip to come and your getting ready no matter what your going LOL.
ceasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:15 AM   #6

For what it is worth, I tried all the fixes on mine, but it was still out of sync and would bind.

Finally found a post where someone talked with a Lippert Engineer.

Once you get where you are going, if you have sync issues try this:

1. Run the slide all the way out. If it binds from being out of sync, run the slide out 4-6 inches at a time and release the button. Keep doing this until the slide is out.
2. Press button to retract the slide and release the moment you hear the motors whine/see movement of the slide.
3. Press button to extend the slide. Hold 5 seconds after all sound/movement stops.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 4 more times.
5. Run slide all the way in. If it binds from being out of sync, run the slide out 4-6 inches at a time and release the button. Keep doing this until the slide is in.
6. Press button to extend the slide and release the moment you hear the motors whine/see movement of the slide.
7. Press button to retract the slide. Hold 5 seconds after all sound/movement stops.
8. Repeat steps 6 & 7 4 more times.
Your slide should now be in sync and should extend and retract with no issues. Try to only either fully extend or retract the slide with no stops to help keep things in sync. Also, remember to hold the button 3-5 seconds after all motion has stopped when moving the slide to keep things in sync.

Hope this helps. I tried the method shown on YouTube where you move the slide 3-4 inches in or out to sync, and it did not work. This method worked great.