Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2015, 07:20 PM   #1

First impressions of our North Point 375BHFS

We had our first maiden voyage this weekend with my daughter and I and let me just say that this 5th wheel is completely amazing. After hooking up and unhooking a few time around the house, I kinda of figured out all the ins and outs of most of the features on the fifth wheel.

Ground control 3.0 after a few times of setting up around the house I have figured out two important things. First getting the trailer close to level side to side is important for instance when I parked it in my back yard in the same place it would not level successfully without any leveling blocks under entry door side. So today when we came home from our trip I put the leveling blocks two high on the entry door side to level it which then gave me a successful level. Also I was putting the X chokes in between the wheels before leveling which I think it was hindering the the system while it was trying to level so I just used your standard wheel chokes in front and behind the wheel which lead me to the 2nd important thing was not to insert the x chokes until the unit auto leveled. So when I got to the campground on Friday I pulled in checked the level from side to side and it was good so I put the wheel chokes in and hit auto level and first try successful level and then inserted the X chokes. So get as level as possible before hitting auto level and don't use X chokes until the unit has the successful auto level.

Keyless entry, mine has worked flawlessly for me. As long as you wake the system up by pushing on the keypad to the right of the numbers it worked every time.

A/C units kept the unit at a cool 70 degrees the whole time we were there while the bedroom unit only ran a few times. (Temps were @90 yesterday)

Fit and finish on the unit was pretty much perfect whether it came from Jayco that way or my dealer did an excellent job prepping the unit or both. No marks, loose screws, or wood shaving laying around.

Only a few minor things that I will comment on are; the overhead bunk should of use struts to raise and lower the bunk like our eagle TT we had and they should have used something similar on the cabinet doors that lifted up as they would not stay up when you open them. Last thing is I wish it had a little bigger awning or a double awning. On Jayco's website it shows that the awning goes back past the middle slide where the frig and stove bump out and all the ones that I have seen just go to the left of the main entry door including ours.

I am using a Pullrite super glide hitch and love it and now just got use to it finding that once you raise the pin off the hitch is to get back in the truck and just back up a bit to release the pressure off the pin so it easily releases. Before I was finding it hard to release because I didn't release the pressure off the pin.

Finally my truck pulls the unit great and it sits level when it is all loaded up! All I can say is that we are completely satisfied with Jayco and our dealer Rhone's!!

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Ultimate 6.7 CCSB
2016 Jayco North Point 375BHFS
EricRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:30 PM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	19922

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Ultimate 6.7 CCSB
2016 Jayco North Point 375BHFS
EricRom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:34 PM   #3

Glad your enjoying the unit and I personally think the way your unit was delivered is the norm not the exception. You rarily hear from the satisfied purchaser. Your experience is what we have had as well.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricRom View Post
We had our first maiden voyage this weekend with my daughter and I and let me just say that this 5th wheel is completely amazing. After hooking up and unhooking a few time around the house, I kinda of figured out all the ins and outs of most of the features on the fifth wheel.

Ground control 3.0 after a few times of setting up around the house I have figured out two important things. First getting the trailer close to level side to side is important for instance when I parked it in my back yard in the same place it would not level successfully without any leveling blocks under entry door side. So today when we came home from our trip I put the leveling blocks two high on the entry door side to level it which then gave me a successful level. Also I was putting the X chokes in between the wheels before leveling which I think it was hindering the the system while it was trying to level so I just used your standard wheel chokes in front and behind the wheel which lead me to the 2nd important thing was not to insert the x chokes until the unit auto leveled. So when I got to the campground on Friday I pulled in checked the level from side to side and it was good so I put the wheel chokes in and hit auto level and first try successful level and then inserted the X chokes. So get as level as possible before hitting auto level and don't use X chokes until the unit has the successful auto level.

Keyless entry, mine has worked flawlessly for me. As long as you wake the system up by pushing on the keypad to the right of the numbers it worked every time.

A/C units kept the unit at a cool 70 degrees the whole time we were there while the bedroom unit only ran a few times. (Temps were @90 yesterday)

Fit and finish on the unit was pretty much perfect whether it came from Jayco that way or my dealer did an excellent job prepping the unit or both. No marks, loose screws, or wood shaving laying around.

Only a few minor things that I will comment on are; the overhead bunk should of use struts to raise and lower the bunk like our eagle TT we had and they should have used something similar on the cabinet doors that lifted up as they would not stay up when you open them. Last thing is I wish it had a little bigger awning or a double awning. On Jayco's website it shows that the awning goes back past the middle slide where the frig and stove bump out and all the ones that I have seen just go to the left of the main entry door including ours.

I am using a Pullrite super glide hitch and love it and now just got use to it finding that once you raise the pin off the hitch is to get back in the truck and just back up a bit to release the pressure off the pin so it easily releases. Before I was finding it hard to release because I didn't release the pressure off the pin.

Finally my truck pulls the unit great and it sits level when it is all loaded up! All I can say is that we are completely satisfied with Jayco and our dealer Rhone's!!
EricRom your effort to be so detailed is much appreciated by this potential Jayco North Point purchaser. Thanks very much for sharing this information.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:46 PM   #5
Lee

We have had our North Point almost 2 weeks and have gotten a successful auto level every time I have done it but it hasn't been a ton of times and the sites I have been at were fairly level. I try to always plug into power before leveling to help it out. Ours has 2 batteries installed right now. I was worried from reading other threads on here. I have some leveling blocks incase I need them.

Everything on ours has worked great so far as well without any issues.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:20 AM   #6

Congrats. Yeah the awning is the only peeve I have on my unit. The way our unit sits and the slides pop out just do not allow for prpoer mounting of another awning. I was even thinking of putting a small one on the kitchen slide, but the window and slide toppers get in my way. We just take 2 pop ups with us and that extends our covered outdoor living space.

You can get the arms to support the cabinets on Amazon, but they don't work so well on the smaller cabinets. I am currently researching recessed hardware that locks into place better than the original equipment. 2 doors I can get to stay open, but the glass inserts under the TV are too heavy.

Mine too was delivered with excellent fit and finish.

Word of caution. Do not stop the Schwintec slides mid movement and hold the buttons down well after completion. The bunk slides get out of whack in a hurry if you don't.

I use the floor lines to confirm they are moving straight.

Good luck and enjoy.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:49 PM   #7

Our maiden voyage with our new 375BHFS was pretty incredible as well.

The Ground Control 3.0 worked well as long as I put a 6x6x6 block under the feet. The issue I was having was regarding the stroke limit warning.

I do wish the awning was larger and I was hoping that the schematic that I saw on the Jayco website was correct as it did include the kitchen slide. Coming from a 21 ft awning, we feel a bit cramped while under it. I do have a 10x10 gazebo style popup that we may use to add on to our living space outside.

I really like the fact that the outdoor kitchen is in the rear. This is typically where the fire pits are at the sites we frequent, so it makes it easier to put a movie in for the kids or grab a cold one. Our travel trailer that we upgraded from had an outdoor kitchen, but it was at the front of the trailer.

A few things inside that caused more work for me: several staples along the carpet line in the main living area needed to be removed as they never found their proper home and several more need to be hit with a hammer or they would have cut someones foot for sure.

My ceiling fan was missing a screw which caused one of the blades to turn slightly. This made it very noisy when it ran and sometimes it never even started if it was bound up just right.

Our main entry door is a PITA. The dead bolt doesn't recess all the way in when unlocking it (whether the key is used or the keypad), causing it to bind up. We actually needed to exit via the bathroom at one point because it was that badly stuck! A pretty serious thing if you ask me! As far as the keypad goes...JUNK in my opinion. I "wake it up" every time, enter the code, and nothing. Try the same code again, nothing. MAYBE 1 in 15 times, the code will actually lock or unlock the door. All the other times, it just beeps. Now just to be honest. I have yet to change the code from the default...so if anyone wants anything out of the camper...you have a few chances to try to get in it before I hear you and come out to see what is going on. hehehehe.

All in all, my family absolutely LOVES this camper. It is our first fifth wheel and our first Jayco. It is our third RV overall. We love the room it provides, we love the amenities it has (especially the residential fridge and 4 TV's) and my wife keeps saying that it has a very "homey feeling." I agree.
nhfire152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:08 AM   #8

I see Jayco also increased the dry shipped weight by 750# and the hitch by 150# to reflect more realistic numbers.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 09-01-2015, 06:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfire152 View Post

My ceiling fan was missing a screw which caused one of the blades to turn slightly. This made it very noisy when it ran and sometimes it never even started if it was bound up just right.
Our 351RSTS is very similar to the 375BHS size wise. We hit the same problem with the fan. I assumed that the screw was loose and came out while traveling but I've looked high and low and couldn't find it. Ended up stopping at a Lowes and picking up a replacement that's worked just fine until I call Jayco, which I plan to do today.

One other thing I noticed is the chain that hangs down will wrap around the fan arm so watch for that too. Otherwise, when you go to start it, it will bind up and not move.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #10
Lee

Our keyless entry has worked fine everytime but we have had a problem with the dead bolt as well. If I turn the knob to slow it doesn't fully retract. I thought I was stuck inside until I fiddled with it enough and unlocked it real fast. I then played with it while the door was open to watch what was happening. Ever since then I haven't had a problem with it we just know to twist the knob fast. The keyless entry has made it retract all the way everytime.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:18 PM   #11
Lee

I love having the double awnings on ours
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 09-04-2015, 05:16 AM   #12

Lee
Is your awning opened all the way ? It looks like it will open more, what brand is it?

Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #13
Lee

They are open all the way. Will have to look at the brand next time I am at it.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:09 PM   #14

I am sure the same that mine will have. All the rvs on the lot had no power. Slides all open but no way to check on the awning. They stack Em up like cordwood so u could not even open a awning. They had two brand new of what I ordered but were in the pre prep lot and not even a battery installed just open slides

Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:26 PM   #15

377 Mid Bunk Sofa Bed Dimensions When Opened

Would one of you who has a 377RLBH be kind enough to tell me the length and width of the sofa bed in the mid bunk room when fully opened into a bed?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-05-2015, 09:28 PM   #16

It's not a jayco, but the double awnings make a big difference. We got the 2nd one added on our Grand Design 5er..
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Skaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #17

The awnings are CareFree brand.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:49 PM   #18

Single AC Unit has a tough time keeping it cool

Our maiden voyage two weeks ago was a good shake down trip. We had 50 amp service which allowed us to try everything out.

This weekend we stayed at one of our favorite spots which only has 30 amp on most sites. This unfortunately only allowed us to use our main AC unit. Temperatures were pushing 90 every single day and our site was not shaded at all. Needless to say, the AC had a REALLY tough time keeping the 375BHFS cool. Each morning we kept the black out shades drawn. The only light coming through was from the vent covers. We kept the bunkhouse door as well as the master bedroom door closed all of the time. Those end rooms were quite comfortable. The main living area however was not. With the thermostat set at 70, by noon the inside temperature in the main living area was 80.

Any thoughts or recommendations ? Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 09-08-2015, 06:59 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhfire152 View Post
Our maiden voyage two weeks ago was a good shake down trip. We had 50 amp service which allowed us to try everything out.

This weekend we stayed at one of our favorite spots which only has 30 amp on most sites. This unfortunately only allowed us to use our main AC unit. Temperatures were pushing 90 every single day and our site was not shaded at all. Needless to say, the AC had a REALLY tough time keeping the 375BHFS cool. Each morning we kept the black out shades drawn. The only light coming through was from the vent covers. We kept the bunkhouse door as well as the master bedroom door closed all of the time. Those end rooms were quite comfortable. The main living area however was not. With the thermostat set at 70, by noon the inside temperature in the main living area was 80.

Any thoughts or recommendations ? Is anyone else experiencing this?
Stayed a week in Aug at 92-95 with humidity levels in the 95% range under 30 AMP service and my unit was cycling on and off at 74. At night I go the unit down to 69 and it cycled as well.

A few things that make a difference. I have slide toppers. There was a little shade from some trees and I have plexi glass on my screen door to limit the transfer of air allowing me to keep the hard door open.

The kids bunk room also has a vent shade stuffed in the vent to keep temps down back there.

My front BR and closet were the warmest due to my color combo.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 09-10-2015, 04:44 PM   #20

What kind of pin weights can be expected with 375BFHS? Can a 350/3500 SRW handle it?
mecha geek is offline   Reply With Quote